Corsair Community

TWINX2048-3200PT and DFI LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert

YouHaveSlowRMA

TWINX2048-3200PT and DFI LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert

will that work? I don't see the 3200PT listed, only the 3200C2PT. What's up with that? Whodathunk $300 of memory is not going to work right on this board?

http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/configurator_search.html

is what I'm using. I see a lot of problems in the search here with that particular board. Is the configurator all-knowing, or does it just throw out a few samples of working memory?

That was C2 versus no C2. PT doesn't come into play really. I suppose I have the "C3". What's the real difference? I run it 3-3-8-3 (2T); I don't bother trying 2.5 or 2 since last I knew the difference was minimal (in real life; BMs would notice it).

Anyway, they work, albeit at a cmd rate of 2T (last board, same CPU, it worked fine at 1T). That's about 12% performance cut, everything else equal. I put them in the orange slots (cpu-z considers them slots 3 & 4, though they are labelled DIMM 2 & 4). I am getting dual channel.

Memtest 1.65+ would get to test #5, about 98/99%, where I think it was moving itself to test the lower 48 (whatever it does), and the screen showed an attempt to post a message, sort of like

(something...) interKupt (..."test halted") or something like that, possbily with some characters from the normal screen still present -- it was difficult to interpret the text, and interKupt is what it had.

That is on a line midway down the screen (not in the errror list area). My guess is it could not move itself and start again so it borked. Setting the cmd rate to 2T got it going fine. Auto and SPD would set cmd rate to 1T (not sure what DFI calls cmd rate, but you know what I mean) on the boot screen. I had to set their setting for cmd rate to "disabled" (auto/enabled/disabled) to get the 2T.

Command Rate may also be called Command Per Clock! Have you test the modules one at a time and what do you have the memory Voltage set to?

The default was set 2.66 V but after than I set it to 2.75 - maxnix. I don't see the effort going to good use testing one at a time (for one, it'll probably work at 1T but that's not going to do me any good because I won't run just one). This memory was just RMAed last month; I assume it's as good as it's going to ever be -- I don't think it's the memory, I think it's the board + the memory + bad karma. I can deal with a 12% drop in pure memory xfer rate. I may be able to fiddle with the knobs and maybe get 1T going, but down the road if something goes wrong (interKupt !! LOL) I'll just have to play with it some more. And while I may have a clue, that and a couple of bucks might get a decent cup of coffee when it comes to voodoo, and memory timings of X RAM chips on Y board on Z mobo with A CPU. Unless you have some tried-and-tested-sure-things-to-get-1T for a cmd rate, I may have to keep the bench warm on this 2T v 1T thing.

Archived