Corsair Community

My 2GB Flash Voyager seems to be dead.

frostrambler

9 out of 10 times I stick it into any computer it comes off as either a RAW or unrecognized format, the other 1 out of 10 times a computer might recognize it, and actually let me see my data on it, but then sometimes I cant copy data onto it because the computer says its write protected. I have formatted it a few times, tried it in two windows machines and one OSX (MacBook Pro) machine and it's very rare for it to be recognized anymore.

Should I RMA this?

Yeah it is definately dead, I noticed in my administrative tools event monitor that when I connect the Flash Voyager, that my computer tells me it has bad blocks, and it virtually never recognized anymore as a Flash Voyager, instead its some other wierd USB name starting with a P.

This needs to be RMA'd.

I checked again and it comes up as blank, with RAW formatting, and a Prolific USB drive, which I see other users on this forum have had.

I submitted an RMA using my first post ID with the Techsupport express link that RMAguy has in his signature, I hope that it is ok.

I had this very same problem and sent my drive back from Toronto, ON, Canada via XpressPost USA to Corsair on November 14, 2006. I received back via UPS Next Day Air, a brand new blister package with a 2GB drive. I haven't had a chance to try out the new drive but was VERY impressed with Corsairs Customer Service once I had the RMA approval.

To answer your question - this is correct. If you don't get a response in 24 hours send another request and I got one IMMEDIATELY.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Please try and for the drive from a command prompt using this syntax:

Format (X:) /FS:FAT32 /U (X=the drive letter assigned to the Flash Voyager)

If that does not work then we will be happy to replace the drive for you.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Please try and for the drive from a command prompt using this syntax:

Format (X:) /FS:FAT32 /U (X=the drive letter assigned to the Flash Voyager)

If that does not work then we will be happy to replace the drive for you.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

It returns an error stating the volume is write protected.

• Corsair Employee
Let's get it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Archived