Corsair Community

MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R and Twinx1024-3200LLpt

jeff9760

• Corsair Employee
steffo; 1. use slot 1+3 (not 1+2) YES 2. memclock value: 400mhz YES 3. cas latency: 2,5t (or can i use 2t?) YES TRY CASS 2.0 And you can use [url]www.memtest.org[/url] to test the system! Axyz, Please ignore si_lumb, I have had this same MB running in our lab for more than 2 months with Twinx1024-3200LL with out problem's but you should use slots 1-3 and set the timings to BY SPD and set the Dim voltage to 2.7 Volts. In addition, please get the latest bios and load setup defaults before you make the changes.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='RAM GUY']steffo; 1. use slot 1+3 (not 1+2) YES 2. memclock value: 400mhz YES 3. cas latency: 2,5t (or can i use 2t?) YES TRY CASS 2.0 And you can use [url]www.memtest.org[/url] to test the system! Axyz, Please ignore si_lumb, I have had this same MB running in our lab for more than 2 months with Twinx1024-3200LL with out problem's but you should use slots 1-3 and set the timings to BY SPD and set the Dim voltage to 2.7 Volts. In addition, please get the latest bios and load setup defaults before you make the changes.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the reply. I just orderd a AMD Athlon64 3200+, MSI K8T NEO-FIS2R K8T800 and Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PRO 2x512Mb (tot. 1024Mb) DDR PC3200 CAS2 400Mhz PRO Series with activity LEDs, i hope that will work fine together? I am pretty new to all this stuff about timings, but i guess i should change that i bios? Should i change to the same values with the memory i am going to buy? Is it hard to make the changes or will i see them directly when i am looking in the bios?

• 2 weeks later...
I am a noob to the DDR as a former Rambus guy. I am also buying the same MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R mobo as the last guy. I have been looking on newegg.com for the correct ram but am not sure which one I need. I am not a big over clocker but really want a good game and want a stable system. The models are not always easily marked there and I was wondering if you could point out which one is the correct one. This is the version I was looking at TWINX1024-3200C2 I was wanting the most bang for my buck though....Should I look at TWINX1024-3200LL instead and if so can you please show me which model that is on newegg.com as they dont have model number on most of the stuff they have from you guys. Also how important is it to get the twin matched pair over the 2 CMX-512 (I think that is what the twins are?) sticks? I was not sure if MSI board even supported the dual channel that the matching is said to help. Can you pleeeeeease help this noob...

• 4 weeks later...
Ramguy.. can I ship my memory in for testing/repair/replacement? you've been helping me out in this thread already... ID#'s: [URL=http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=108737&postcount=35]108737[/URL], [URL=http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=108779&postcount=37]108779[/URL], [URL=http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=108919&postcount=41]108919[/URL] and [URL=http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=109125&postcount=43]109125[/URL]. summary of those posts was that I couldn't get my Twinx1024-3200LL working at 2-3-2-6 timings (Vdimm 2.7V, slots 1&3) in my MSI K8TNeo-FIS2R but Memtest would pass if I relaxed it to 2-3-3-6. Since that time, I would get occasional blue screen exceptions in windows that looked like memory errors. I ran some Memtests overnight (still at the relaxed 2-3-3-6 timings) and indeed got sporadic errors. [B]Additional[/B] troubleshooting steps I've taken is to upgrade my bios to the latest 1.40 [B]and[/B] to replace my power supply with an Antec True550 (just to make absolutely sure I wasn't having voltage supply issues). The problem still persists. *edit* another test I've run that seems to localize my problems to my Corsair memory is as follows: I manually set the memclock frequency to be limited to DDR333. I then Memtested my Corsair memory at 2-3-2-6 and had lots of errors. I then put some other brand PC2700 memory I had which is spec'd at 2-2-2-5 timings, and Memtested it at these settings and it passed just fine. I would think if there was mobo problems, it would have failed. ..so follow the link in your sig and ship these puppies back to Corsair OK?

Archived