Corsair Community

VS512MB400C3 (32x8 & 4x64)

Miner

Can VS512MB400C3 modules which have 8x32MB and 4x64MB chipsets be configured to run as dual channel or is their architecture different?

My initial experience is no but I thought I'd ask as they are the same CAS latency and part number.

Will return to supplier as my order says 32x8 which is not what I recieved and hence apparently incompatable with my machine but thought I'd ask before I go causing a scene. :laughing:

Mines says 32MB on the chips and has them on both sides of the DIMM, the one I bought has 64MB on the chips and only chips on one side.

Excuse my description but I've had a few beers and i'm not opening the computer again tonight! :laughing:

Cheers Ram dude!

The DIMM with 64Mb chips only has chips on one side, the DIMM with 32MB has them on both. Cant be bothered taking the cover off to count. :roll:

Your single-sided VS512MB400C3 module is made with "8x64MB" (or 64Mx8) IC chips. However, some motherboards don't like IC densities over 256Mbit (32Mx8).

In addition, modern motherboards do not work well with mixed modules, especially those with mixed IC densities.

Cheers, it's going back to the supplier tomorrow, they told me they'd call me regarding getting the 32Mb one as it was what was listed and never did... :roll:

I've got an RMA number to return it so they're welcome to it, prob buy a matched pair and stick the other one on eBay. :):

Archived