Corsair Community

DFI+Corsair = problem for me.

Finesse

I have a DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert board and recently purchased some Corsair RAM.

The model number on the paper that came with the RAM is TWINX2048-3200C2. The RAM modules have printed on them CMX1024-3200C2.

The problem I am having is when I use said memory (in any slot combination) the system wont boot, it doesn't even start the POST. No video is displayed etc etc. I also tried using just 1 module and still had the same effect.

I checked the compatible RAM site that is linked in the FAQ but couldnt see the whole list (half of it is offscreen in both firefox and ie) but it was listed on the right hand side which showed performance.

I am currently using 1gig of generic legend ram from my old system, and wanted to upgrade to 2gig after buying my new video card. I couldnt have a video card with as much memory on it as my system :)

Basically, I wanted to know if theres anything I can try before I send it back. It is the first time I have purchased Corsair ram however I have heard alot about them and want to make sure that its not something on my end.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Try these timings:

CAS Latency (tCL): 2

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

Row Precharge (tRP): 3

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6

Memory Voltage: 2.7-2.8 Volts (Warrantied up to, but not over, 2.90 volts)

All other settings to defaults.

Source: Corsair XMS Qualification and Testing Information

My system wont post, am i to change these with my current ram in, turn off then swap them? I didnt think that would be a good idea but tell me if im wrong.

Are you trying to mix these modules with other memory? Or did you have other memory in your system previously?

Im not attempting to use them with my old memory, I bought them to replace it.

EDIT: I am also using the latest BIOS revision for my motherboard.

Archived