Corsair Community

1 GB + 2 GB

talagnak

I would suggest Twin2x2048-6400C4 as th best choice for this MB.

Ram Guy,

I see you recommend this RAM as best for the Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe. Is there much performance difference between this and the Twin2x2048-6400Pro for this motherboard? I see the Pro has slightly higher latency and doesnt have EPP, but I can get the pair of Pro sticks for quite a bit less. I'm not looking to overclock just to have a fast system.

I am getting a system with the Core 2 Duo 6600, it will come with 1GB (2x512) of Corsair XMS2 Extreme PC6400 DDR2/800 so I will be bumping up to 3GB.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!!

It's never recommended to mix part numbers like that.

So, if I add a second pair, I need to find out exactly what the first pair is and get the same.....do they need to be the same size too as well as from the same series, ie if the first pair is 2x512, does the second pair need to be 2x512 as well?

They dont give part numbers, but describe the first pair as Corsair XMS2 Xtreme Memory w/ Heat Spreader, and also as 1GB (2x512MB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory. I would guess they are putting in TWIN2X1024A-6400.

In this case, can I put in TWIN2X2048-6400 for the other 2 slots to give 3GB total, or should I just add another pair of the same and end up with 4x512MB?

Thanks

Archived