Corsair Community

Lanparty nF4 SLI-DR problems with Corsair Valueselect

Smaug

I'm not sure if anyone can help with this but it seemed like a good place to post it. I just put together a new pc for my girlfriend, using a DFI Lanparty nf4 SLI-DR motherboard and 2GB(2x1024) of the Corsair ValueSelect RAM. (VS1GB400C3) It worked fine for about an hour, while I was installing Windows it froze while copying the setup files to install. So I restarted it, and the video never came back on. At first I thought it was the video card, but according to the diagnostic LEDs on the motherboard(3 are lit), the problem is with the RAM. Does anyone have any idea what the problem would be with this? Thanks a lot.

I tried putting it in different slots, trying only 1 stick, and I even tried a totally different stick of RAM from one of my old computers in it, nothing worked. I can't use Memtest because the computer doesn't boot and Windows isn't even installed.

Edit: I'm leaning towards this being a video card or motherboard problem, unfortunately I don't have an extra PCI-E card lying around to test the video card out with, so I'm not really sure what to do there.

Archived