Corsair Community

Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400 2GB Kit DDR2-800 XMS2-6400 Xtreme Performance Memory PROBS!

vultureyo

ok well after spending 160 bucks at local comp place found out I guess prob is with my ram.. i have these specs..

Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400 2GB Kit DDR2-800 XMS2-6400 Xtreme Performance Memory

and

Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI Intel Edition P4/ Pentium Processor Extreme Edition/ Pentium D 1066FSB LGA775 DDR ATX Motherboard w/Audio, Dual Gigabit LAN, RAID/Serial ATA

and when running both memory sticks my computer just resets... runs with one stick just not when both are in and dual channelled... they told me I need 4 x 512 sticks instead because the nforce board "don't like big sticks" and have probs.. this true? atm I have just 1 gig ( 1 stick ) in my comp and other sitting on desk and I dont know what to do... plz help! 8) thanx

edit: incase it helps this is the exact model specs one I bought

TWIN2X2048-6400

its the 5-5-5-12 one... instead of the c4 does that matter? when I ordered actually meant to buy the c4 but didnt think it mattered. lemme know

With either stick by itself it runs fine, just not together? Try bumping the ddr voltage up to, but not over, 2.1 volts, and then try 2 sticks again. If no go, it's either a slot or CPU issue.

The motherboard can definitely take 1 GB sticks.

k will try it.. i had em in slots 1 and 3... could i try them in 2 and 4? the guy at local shop said it ran with 4 x 512's fine ( supposedly ) hmmm k will try... am a total n00b at this and never messed with settings before lol. thnx for the reply 8)

woot! so far so good... before it never lasted more than 10 min max before resetting... been on an hour and running quake 4 just fine. it was set to auto, 2.1 seems to do the trick.. wierd 8( almost wanna go back up to pc shop and tell them it can work 8) TY so much guys saved me from sending this back or buying smaller sticks. ty! 8)

Archived