Corsair Community

Bad module - RMA requested

bryantd

Bought 2 modules 2x512 ddr400...brand new system, fresh xp install...random errors and reboots...re-installed windows, after 4-5 mid re-install errors at random places in install...it finally completed.

First boot to windows desktop, serious error...? turned system off...tested each module separately with ms memory tester...one module passed with no problems...second didn't pass a single test.

Corsair requires a post to be eligible for RMA...so...that is what I am doing...I do not expect there will be a solution to my problem posted here, as I have been in the computer industry for decades and built umpteen hundreds of systems...the problem is the module...just never had to RMA a module to Corsair.

Forgive the arrogoance, just think this is silly.

Thanks!

NO, they don't require a post to RMA. That's only if you're filling out the online form. Also, the post # has to be authorized by Corsair (Ram Guy has to reply saying an RMA's approved).

THERE ARE MULTIPLE WAYS TO GET AN RMA.

I Think I Have a Bad Part. What Do I Do?

The RMA request can be made three ways:

A link to our online form can be found here. Complete the form, and submit it to Corsair. You will receive a response within 24 hours, usually sooner.

OR you can print the PDF version and fax it to Corsair. You will receive a response within 24 hours, usually sooner.

An editable Excel version can be found here. Complete the form and email it to RMA@corsairmemory.com. You will receive a response within 24 hours, usually sooner.

You can also call them @ 1-888-222-4346, or fill out the automated form @ http://tsxpress.corsairmemory.com

• Corsair Employee
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived