Corsair Community

Rma'd my ram got back another defective one.

Satchmo

I rma'd my corsair xms the model number is cmx512-3200c2 and when I got my new one I put it in and now I have all sorts of other problems. The biggest problem is that my computer wont turn on and when it does it says its in fail safe mode. I ram memtest on it and I get an error in test 7. Im pretty pissed off now because Im going to have to pay to send it back and be another two weeks without a computer.

• Corsair Employee
Can you tell me our modules part# and revision of all of the modules in your system (How To Read the Memory Label) and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

the model number is cmx512-3200c2 its revision 1.2 I have my computer at stock speeds and the ram voltage to what it says it should be at I also had it up to 2.8 volts and cery loose timings and I still get the error. I dont see why I should have to pay for the shipping and be without a computer for two weeks when I sent out my ram and got another defective one. I called you guys up and got an rma number already and they said they could send me a new one without me sending mine in but they would have to charge it to my credit card and I dont have a credit card. I think Im just gonna go with a different ram company from now on.

The thing is that I have called you guys already. I think I might call you guys back but I also dont have any money right now Im saving up for a new video card. I dont see why you guys wont just me me a new one, what am I gonna do scam you guys out of a defective stick of ram. If I gave you some pictures of my computer running memtest would it be possible for you to send me the ram?

I called, asked for the ram guy I think I got someone else and then they just connected me with the rma service. I guess Im just done with corsair. Im gonna go out and buy some o.....c.....z (forum doesent like it when you spell it correctly)then rma this ram and give it to a friend.

Don't understand what your issue is. Corsair's already agreed to RMA then again. As for shipping costs, just call their cust service dept, even money says they'll pay for the shipping both ways. As for advanced replacement, no company I know of will do it without collateral.

Archived