Corsair Community

Matched Revison #s for A8N-SLI Premium

msukach

I've been searching your forum for a bit and hope I'm not asking a redundant question. I currently run XP (32bit) but am about to install XP 64...as such, I ordered 2 sets of twinx2048 (to total 4GB ram). Been running 2GB in XP (32bit)--running fine. While having to remove the chips to upgrade my video card, I then replaced the 2 chips and thought all way good...but my system wouldn't boot and when it did, it froze. Turns out, I have 2 different revisions of the same matched sets...and I inadvertently mixed them up.

My question(s): does mixing the revisions (v1.2 with v2.2) matter and if so, how can I replace v1.2 (older revision?) w/another set of v2.2? I ordered them through NewEgg--but there is no way to tell which revision they'll send!! My system spec are list in my profile--if need.

First XMS Set of Twinx2048-3200c2:

XMS #: XMS3202v1.2

Lot #: 0552020-2

Second XMS Set of Twinx2048-3200c2:

XMS #: XMS3202v2.2

Lot #: 0603162-1

Comment: this has to be the most informative forum on memory I've ever seen--THANK YOU!!

Mike

Ram Guy--thanks for responding...I'm not an expert so I wrote down all my mem settings for what is now one set of Twinx2048-3200c2:

Memclock = 400Mhz

CAS = 2.5

Tras=6

Tred=3

Trp=3

Trc=11

Trfc=13

Trwt=5

Twr=3

2T

4G Remapping is still enabled

DDr Voltage=AUTO--can't seem to get the system to post at 2.75

Everything else is set to default--including the CPU. Hope this helps you to respove my concern...thanks, again.

Mike

Ok...I don't know what setting I may have messed up but I reset all to defaults and started over--to inlcude DDR voltage @ 2.75...system is booting fast and running smooth.

To my original problem: how can I purchase the same ver of Twinx2048-3200c2 chips (ver 2.2) so I can run 4GB in WINXP64? Or will running at DDR333 do the trick?--not the prefered solution.

BTW...I used FrozenCPU's Special Edition ATX 2.0 Power Supply tester to test the PSU and all my components--all passed. Not sure how to test the MB--but given how the system is running, I ruled out power problems.

Again...thanks for your time and consideration--you've been a big help getting my system to run stable!

• Corsair Employee

I would not suggest more than one set of modules, if you use more than 2 modules you will be limited to DDR333 at 2t Command Rate at Cas 2.5-3-3-7.

But if you do you will just need to find a reseller that will check the revision number for you.

I would not suggest more than one set of modules, if you use more than 2 modules you will be limited to DDR333 at 2t Command Rate at Cas 2.5-3-3-7.

But if you do you will just need to find a reseller that will check the revision number for you.

Just so I understand...w/WINXP64 I will need a matched set--same version # running at DDR333..OK...I guess WINXP64 is hardly worth it--wish I didn't buy the operating system for all the trouble inherent in its use! Of course, now I'm out the cost of Corsair chips that don't/won't work...any chance I can exchange??

Just so I understand...w/WINXP64 I will need a matched set--same version # running at DDR333..OK...I guess WINXP64 is hardly worth it--wish I didn't buy the operating system for all the trouble inherent in its use! Of course, now I'm out the cost of Corsair chips that don't/won't work...any chance I can exchange??

FYI, it has nothing to do with the OS.

Archived