Corsair Community

TWINX2048-3200C2 may be bad

bearcat245

I built a new rig over the holidays and it showed issues of Screen freezes and occsional BSD. Asus first pointed the finger at my Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2 memory, but each chip tested in SANDRA fine.

So ASUS sent me a replacement Mobo. The freezes happened within hours of the reinstallation.

Now I feel it has to be that my pair of Corsair sticks don't work as a pair.

This happens with no loads or any overclocking settings.

I use WindowsXP Pro and can't think of anything esle that can be the problem. Also using a ASUS 6800GT VGA card in PCI-express with a Vantec Stingray water cooler (Just installed) with the new MOBO.

What are my steps to get this memory issue resolved?

When running only one stick at 1GB has had no issues.:(:

CPU-z shows my current settings as:

Cas# Latency = 3

RAS# to CAS# Delay = 3

RAS# Precharge = 3

Cycle time = 8

These are ASUS BIOS defaults. I orignally tried the recommeded stick settings once on the first install, but was not sure I did it correctly in the BIOS.

I will try this again to see if it will help.

I unloaded SANDRA thinking since this always happens running the "Burn Wizard" that it could be part of the problem. I will reinstall it and see if test locks up again.

Thanks for input.

• Corsair Employee
If you want to over clock with that utility you would leave the timings at By SPD and use the software to set the frequncy other wise manual settins would be suggested. And by setting the system at 103% you are over clocking.

I understand. When testing the CPU out I did "try" the settings at 103 and 105, but the only settings that are changed now are the memory as listed.

I need to find out what is causing these freezes. I have also been getting automatic restarts.

This is not good and all forums(ASUS, etc) have been pointing the finger at the RAM!:mad:

I shipped out the RMA'ed memory last Tuesday (3 day delivery). I recieved confirmation and a new video card from new egg today That was sent out the same time.

Am I supposted to receive an e-mail notification that my memory hit your system and the replacement memory is shipped?

It's the only thing holding me up.

Thanks

• Corsair Employee

If you have a XMS module that ends with a "C2" designation the SPD will be set to JEDEC defined values for the IC used to make that specific part and the tested settings would need to be manually set! Which is out lined in XMS Qualification and Testing!

And if you look at the SPD in CPU-Z it will show the settings as Cas 2.5 or Cas 3. You have to look under the chipset of CPU to se the actual settings.

Archived