Corsair Community

Non-IT guy needs help

BoeserBlick

use this link: http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/configurator_search.html

i searched for you..below is what came up :-)

You searched for theDimension 3000

Facts about the CMSS1GB-400

System Select products are specifically designed to maximize the performance of your desktop, laptop or server system. These modules combine legendary Corsair quality and reliability with the ease of upgrading your system via Corsairs Memory Configurator. With the configurator you get a memory recommendation for your specific computer system based on Corsairs extensive testing.

Part # : CMSS1GB-400

Size : 1GB

US and UK

Germany

Dimension 3000 Max Memory : 2.0 GB

Expansion Slots : 2 sockets

Processor Intel Pentium 4 or Intel Celeron

Details : 533/800MHz FSB, Intel 865GV Chipset

A Complete List of Modules Compatible with your Product

Part # Size

CMSS1GB-400 1GB

CMSS1GB-333 1GB

CMSS512MB-333 512MB

CMSS512MB-400 512MB

CMSS256MB-400 256MB

CMSS256MB-333 256MB

• Corsair Employee

You have to Log into their site with your password and then you can enter the Tag number to get the details. We do not have that informaton your MB and system builder will be the one to ask.

Wired used to work for Dell so he may know how to get the information, but we would not know.

Anyone can make a login to the Dell site. I happen to have one now, as I use it for work occasionally (it's a lot easier to look up a service tag than to ask someone what type of system they have).

BTW Ram Guy, check your email :) Saw the post notification with the service tag in it, emailed ya with it hours ago from work (probably buried in there under a couple hundred other ones), too bad I can't see the forums from work :(

Dimension 3000

PENTIUM 4 2.8 Ghz, 533 Mhz FSB

256 MB 400 Mhz memory

That's what it has currently. Best bet would be to get 2 sticks of CMSS512MB-333 to replace what you've currently got.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived