Corsair Community

TwinX1024-3200C2 not recognized

orangedog

My first build was working with TwinX1024-3200C2 v5.2. After a blank screen episode I can only post and boot into windows using a stick of kingston KVR400X64C3A/256. Either stick of the corsair in the B1 slot or both in the A1 and B1 slot will not post. I believe this memory to be okay so any ideas on how to get it recognized. I have updated my bios for my Asus A8N-SLI deluxe to 1016. Do you have any suggestions I can try to get this memory working?

How do I set the memory timings in the bios if system won't post. When I set timings with the KVR stick at your recommmended settings exit & save, shutdown and switch out the ram. I get a black screen again. When I start up again with the KVR stick, I quite often get a checksum error, bios settings revert to default etc and have to reset the bios settings. I have replaced the cmos battery. If I can get the system running with 1GB of ddr 400 I would at least have something to work with. I guess I need to try some other ddr ram. Any other suggestions?

I tried what you suggested making the DRAM and voltage settings, saving, exiting then, switching out to each stick. Both times I get memory error message and no post. I will have to try some new memory and see if some other dual channel memory will work and go from there.:eyebuldge

Archived