Corsair Community

PC 3200 Running at 2700???HELP

shaqattack13

Hi everyone,

I just bought the Corsair 512MB VS512MB400 3200 DDR RAM and it is running at 2700. I have 2 sticks of 256 MB RAM that came with the computer and they are also PC 3200. when I have all Three sticks in at the same time my mobo says im running at 2700. when I take the two 256 MB sticks out and put the new corsair memory in it runs at 3200. What could be the problem with all three sticks in at the same time? I have an AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+ with four RAM slots.

Thanks.

I have this same issue as well......is it impossible to run 4 sticks of ram at 400 on an amd board....or is single sided ram available?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, the only single-sided sticks of DDR1 RAM that Corsair currently makes are the 256MB modules. All of Corsair's 512MB and 1GB DDR1 modules are double-sided.

I have this same issue as well......is it impossible to run 4 sticks of ram at 400 on an amd board....or is single sided ram available?

Thanks.

No, you have a different issue (he's got 3 sticks, you've got 4).

SOME of the Athlon64 memory controllers can handle 4 sticks @ 400 Mhz (very loosened timings though).

Archived