Corsair Community

Which 2g Kit????????

Gin

After using the compatibility tool on this site,there are still 6 choices of 2 g ram kits to use.I would like to know which to use. sys specs as follows..

AMD 3400+

asus kv8 se deluxe mb

2x 512 corsair DDR PC3200LL XMS mem

ATI x850xtpt agp card

WD 250gb hard drive

Alienware build..480w power supply.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

No tweaking (aside from memory voltage), go with the TwinX2048-3200

Both the TwinX2048-3200 and TwinX2048-3200C2 (NOTE THE C2) default to 3-3-3-8 memory timings, but the C2s need to be manually set to their optimal settings of 2-3-3-6.

If there's little cost difference, I'd go with the C2s, as when you feel more comfortable with timings, you can set them to their appropriate settings and get a bit more performance out of it (single digit % increase, but nothing wrong with that)

Thanks again for the quick response Wired.Cost difference is minimal.NE has the TWINX2048-3200C2PT with a rebate for $206.00

the TWINX2048-3200 is $199.00

I'm not a rich man,but when it comes to my gaming machine a slight price difference doesnt matter.

I thought my mother board would set everthing automaticlly (bios stuff):confused:

ok...are there any corsair 2gig kits i can purchase that are properly set out of the package??? Something that is set to maximum perrformance already?? am i over thinking this one (LOOL). i just dont want to make any mistakes,dont know anyone to come over and bail me out once i screw somthing up.

Archived