VS256MB333

Purchased 09/14/2002

memory fails on post.

Set bios to never halt on errors

BSOD

Remove chip in question

System boots normally

-

CAN I HAVE THE STUPID NUMBER NOW SO THAT I CAN REPLACE THIS BAD MODULE NOW?

-

Sorry, but it's frustrating enough when hardware fails to have ask twice sucks:!:

Forum's not the only way to apply for an RMA.

The RMA request can be made three ways:

A link to our online form can be found here. Complete the form, and submit it to Corsair. You will receive a response within 24 hours, usually sooner.

OR you can print the PDF version and fax it to Corsair. You will receive a response within 24 hours, usually sooner.

An editable Excel version can be found here. Complete the form and email it to RMA@corsairmemory.com. You will receive a response within 24 hours, usually sooner.

You can also call them @ 1-888-222-4346, or hit the TSXPress site: http://tsxpress.corsairmemory.com

Now, for the troubleshooting questions:

What CPU / FSB / Motherboard do you have?

Test one stick at a time in each slot using Memtest86+.

Click here to find out how you can add your system specs to your profile and posts!

Hi,

(2) CPU: Pentium 4 1.8GHz

(2) System board: Soyo P4S-645DX Dragon Ultra

- FSB 400/533

- DDR Suppport 66/100/333

:sigh!: Uh, as per my original post:

memory fails on post.

Set bios to never halt on errors

BSOD

Remove chip in question

System boots normally

I suppose I could test the good chip for fun but I've got a business to run.

I have two systems running the same system board and processor, this chip fails post up on both system and will BSOD if I turn off halt on errors in the bios on both systems.

Since removal of this chip, the system that it was running in hasn't hicupped or died since.

If you really want me to stick this bad chip in the system again, assume I did and it still fails on post up either as DIMM1 installed alone, as DIMM1 installed with its mate installed in DIMM2, as DIMM2 installed with its mate in DIMM1. Like wise, on a completely different Soyo P4S-645DX Dragon Ultra

system board this chip will fail on post up either as DIMM1 installed alone, as DIMM1 installed with its mate installed in DIMM2, as DIMM2 installed with its mate in DIMM1 and it fails if I use the RAM from the second system as well in any of three DIMM slots using the RAM already installed on the secondary system.

Archived