Corsair Community

Help - Voyager 1GB access problems

ac1000

Help - I have just started using the 1GB voyager key drive and I am now unable to access it!

I use it on 2 or 3 different computers (1 is a work computer XP Pro, the rest XP) haven't had any problems before this.

The drive now appears unformatted, and when you go to format it it only recognises 486MB is available (haven't reformatted though).

Ran Norton Disk Doctor and it said "Invalid signature in Partition table" it says it corrects it but it makes no difference still won't work. Tried a few recovery programmes (freebies) but none can access it.

I really need to recover some of the files!! Any ideas??????

Thanks.

If you do not have access to the drive through recovery software there is no way to get back the data on that drive. It sounds as though the controller on the device has failed and will no longer access the second flash chip on your USB key. This would explain why the recovery software is unable to access the data on the drive. I would suggest RMA'ing the drive.

Thats not good, I've only had it a few weeks as the postman nicked the first one and it took ages to get a replacement!!

Thanks for the answer, do you know how I get i contact with Corsair direct for a replacement??

Archived