Corsair Community

Corsair DDR XMS2700 had an Failure?

Tupac2002

Hello,i had an problem with my corsair memory.I had Two corsair memory 1. Corsair 2700 2. corsair 3200 when i boot my PC with two memory´s(without dual mode) i can start XP and the PC crash. when i start the pc with memory 2. its all ok.when i start the pc with memory 1. then i cant boot the PC the mainboard make only blip blip ....

i think the memory 1. had an failure.

what can i do ???

i buy the memory 01.04.2003

• Corsair Employee

Since the modules are not matched and with the CPU you have you would need to manually configure the timings and frequency.

Can you tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

• Corsair Employee

Using those setting will cause errors no matter whose memory you use. Please try these settings with the modules in slots 2-3. And test the system with http://www.memtest.org. But with the CPU you have you would need to run the memory at DDR333.

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166 MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 7T

in my bios i cant set the the time SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

i can only set optimal or aggressive .and the cpu frequency is by 166MHz

the dim voltage is by 2.7 Volts but the problem to continue to exist.

i have use the memtest programm and they display me four errors.

i think the xms 2700 is damaged .

when i put the xms 2700 alone in my mainboard the mainboard make only blip blip and the display remains black.

when i put my xms 3200 alone in my mainboard the pc have no problem.

Using those setting will cause errors no matter whose memory you use. Please try these settings with the modules in slots 2-3. And test the system with http://www.memtest.org. But with the CPU you have you would need to run the memory at DDR333.

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166 MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

I cant set the timings in my bios, the combination with ctrl + f1 doesnt work.

but when the memtest programm find errors in the Memory than the memory is damaged ???

in the past i had the same problem with my xms 3200 and then i send the damaged memory to corsair and became a new one and my PC work without problems.

sorry but my english is not so good, i hope you understand it ;-)

• Corsair Employee

You will need to manually set the memory frequency at DDR333 because of the CPU you have this is a chipset limitation with the CPU you have.

Normally there is a performance option that you would set to user define and then you can set the memory frequency ratio to 100% or 1-1 if this is not clear to you I would suggest you contact the MB maker and ask them to help you with the settings I gave you and then test the modules one at a time or see if a friend can maybe help you test the modules in another system. However, I have no problem replacing your modules if you want to try that.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived