Corsair Community

Listed severl Errors with Memtest86

Andreas_V

Hello,

I have bad Corsair TWINX 1024-3200XL Memory because it Listed severl Errors with Memtest86. Some Times my System crashed. This is not the first bad Memory. For view Month Corsair changed my last Memory because it Listed severl Errors with Memtest86. The RMA Nummber was: R631184. Sorry for my bad english but i am a old german guy, with no time to learn english. I hope you can help me quickly.

Nice Regards

Andreas

• Corsair Employee
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have (Cass 2-3-2-6 with the Rass to Cass set to "3"), and then test the module/modules one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

I think my english ist very bad because you dont understand me ? . The last 10 month, the memory was ok. I have no errors with memtest. But in the last time my system crashed an so i tested it today with memtest. I used the Memory with SPD (2.2.2.5 Latency) in the Bios and 2.75 volt. The result is some Errors. I tested the memory on two System. The first System is a Intel Pentium 4 PC with a Asus P4C800-E Board. The second System is a AMD 4000+ PC with a Asus A8N-SLI Premium Board. The Power Supply is a Tagan with 480 Watt. I buy the Memory because i love his low latency values of 2.2.2.5. Result is one of the Two memory stick ist bad.

(http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/products/specs/TWINXP1024-3200XL.pdf)

Mfg

• Corsair Employee
In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Please make sure that you disable legacy USB and test the modules you suspect is failing with http://www.memtest.org and with the AMD MB I would set the voltage to 2.8 Volts. If you still get errors then we will be happy to replace them.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

My System:

Asus P4C800-E

Intel Pentium 3.0 GHz Prescott

Asus V9999 Ultra

Corsair PC3200XL TwinX 1024MB

Tagan 480 Watt

I think, i have bad Corsair TWINX 1024-3200XL Memory Sticks, because it Listed severl Errors with Memtest86 (Version 1.65) and SPD Settings (2-2-2-5). I tested with Auto Voltage and manually 2.75 Volts. When i set the timings manually to 3-2-2-6, i have no Errors. What can i do, because i have buy the expensive Corsair 3200XL with CL 2-2-2-5 and not CL 3-2-2-6. Legacy USB is disable. Please help me, because i am very angry.

King Regards

Andreas

Ran Guy, the official Corsair rep on this site, has already approved an rma for your failing XL's. You just need to fill out the RMA form available here:

http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/rma_request.html

Ram Guy's instructions for what to do if you've got bad sticks (Rma the Twinx set):

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44522

Good Luck.

Hello Sir,

I now already placed 3 RMA requirements and spoke with Mr. Andy Wett of Corsair, but unfortunately I heard never to something of Corsair in the reference to my warranty (RMA). Corsair is very bad. I think, warranty is a foreign word for corsair. In the future I will buy no more Corsair memory, because warranty is very important for me. corsair should be ashamed.

Andreas

• 1 month later...

Archived