Corsair Community

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe

RonP

I'm having memory capacity problems at 1 gig of TwinX1024-3200XL sticks. Nothing wrong with them, but Photoshop CS2 sort of boggs down a bit. I've noted articles saying 2 gig is better; so I thought I'd get another matched pair of the mentioned set. However, after ordering on a weekend, I, luckily, subsequently noted an article on RAM memory talking about Rev changes and incompatibility et al. So, being that the current set is more than 8 months old, I quickly cancelled the new order and queried "RAM GUY". Answer was, we can't guarantee it will work to spec, and if the Rev's etc aren't the same, probably will not work without possibly compromising timings, and that might not even work is what I'm reading. So I guess I have to approach the issue with a totally new purchase.

Therefore, my question now is: Has anyone any experience with TwinX2048-3200C2PT matched set modules in the subject board, i.e. just one matched set, not two, for a total of 2 gig? Was the 2.3.3.6 timing functional?

RonP

• Corsair Employee
Using four modules can put a strain on the motherboard and cause instability if running the RAM at very aggressive timings. To prevent this it is best to loosen the timings when using a 4 modules configuration. Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Archived