Corsair Community

SK8V problem

ddunn100

I am having the same problem i have a SK8v i have one Gig of XMS CMX512R-3200C2PT (XMS3200Rv1.1) memory in there right now and i am trying to add a second gig TwinX 1024RE-3200LLPT (XMS3200REv2.1) . The timings are 2326 (I think) on my old ram and 2325 on my new ram i have already attempted to set the timings in the bios manualy and was not successfull.

HELP!!!

I used Corsair online to do a compatability check? They both work individualy The old gig works fine by itself the new works fine by itself. I know the SK8V requires ECC and if they both work wouldn't that make them both ECC.

So then what kind do i have to buy

Those sticks ARE NOT compatible with each other. One is Registered, non-ECC, the other is registered ECC.

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but you cannot mix memory with this platform, all of the modules would need to be exactly matched. And XMSR3200C2 would be Cass 2.5-3-3-6 and would need to be manually set and XMSRE3200LL would be Cass 2-3-2-6 and would be set in the modules SPD.

So I can only upgrade using XMSR3200C2?

I am sorry but you cannot mix memory with this platform, all of the modules would need to be exactly matched. And XMSR3200C2 would be Cass 2.5-3-3-6 and would need to be manually set and XMSRE3200LL would be Cass 2-3-2-6 and would be set in the modules SPD.

Archived