Corsair Community

Rebuilding, TwinXPro question

the_good_doctor

I let my nephew who majored in something about computers overclock my pentium 4.

Well after a week it blew up.

I just recently replaced the MOBO with a Chaintech s1689, and an amd64 3500+.

My memory I think was slightly faulty before, now one stick doesn't work at all, and one causes random restarts.

Anyways, I was debating buying TWINX1024-3200XLpro, 2x512.

I've searched far and wide for compatibility issues for my motherboard and ram, and I've found several posts that some value corsair has compatibility issues on my mobo.

I've found nothing good or bad which pertain to both my MOBO and the RAM I want. I was wondering that If I posed a question, would it help?

I've used some of the sights that guarantee ram when you give them mobo info, but I don't necessarily believe it. I think they're mostly written on specs and not what works, and we all know just because if fits and is the right DDR and latency settings that well, doesn't mean crap.

Sorry, I get to ranting on occasion. What I specifically want to know is if there are any known problems with the MOBO/RAM I want to use.

Any help or info I could get would be greatly appreciated.

The Good Doctor.

I cannot for the life of me find what voltage the chaintech s1689 has set on dimms. It is not displayed in bios, nor is there any adjustment I can find in BIOS. As for searching the internet and other forums, my head hurts now, and no luck, I can find no specs on the chaintech website(website and manual are pretty pathetic information wise). The BIOS updates out there don't mention any kind of voltage adjust update.

Of course, there's always the possibility I'm mentally retarded.

Thanks for the quick reply though. I won't be buying ANY ram till I get some damnable info, but I still want the nice flashy LEDs on the TwinxPro.

I let my nephew who majored in something about computers overclock my pentium 4.

Well after a week it blew up.

Off topic, but I just HAD to say that most people who major in something about computers usually don't know anything about hardware (and this is coming from someone who has 2 "something about computers" university degrees). University degree programs about computer theory, whereas computer certifications are about the practical usage of computers.

Archived