Corsair Community

iCUE v5.14.93 Release Notes

Technobeard

4 hours ago, ruben306 said:

I did a roll back too and all good work again. 
How is possible corsair launch a update that destroys the icue!!

how did you do a rollback?

4 hours ago, Dennisw said:

how did you do a rollback?

You can’t roll back with CUE 5. It’s server based and always pulls down the current version, regardless of which installer you use. Not clear what those posters are referring to unless they went back to CUE 4. 

On 4/30/2024 at 9:12 AM, BlaiseP said:

ICUE plugin for the Stream Deck is no longer working. Cannot display ICUE sensors or change ICUE profiles from the Stream Deck.

Stream Deck Plugin v1.5.220 (Marketplace shows this as the latest version)

The green "Corsair Sails" icon is a multi-action (2 states) with a ICUE profile set to either button state.

ICUE.png.1ee4f5c364c99b5c1315a2257901746f.png

Is this still an issue for you Blaise?

I think my Streamdeck plugin updated immediately before (or contemporaneously with) the iCUE 5.14 update. I noticed the iCUE buttons on my SD go "blank" and when I opened iCUE up, it was downloading the 5.14 update. Plugin rev now showing as 1.6.226 - and everything here working as expected as far as I can see.

Feel sorry for those multiple users above with non-functioning Commander Cores and other hardware tho, poor showing from Corsair at a time when a full executable installer for the previous build  And the change to the layout of the dashboard makes my (and others'  - including C-Attack just above)' calls for permanently resizable iCUE window even more of a must-have. In a world where monitor resolutions (and Windows scaling) has such variability, the fixed window size sucks. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Citizen Crazed said:

Is this still an issue for you Blaise?

I think my Streamdeck plugin updated immediately before (or contemporaneously with) the iCUE 5.14 update. I noticed the iCUE buttons on my SD go "blank" and when I opened iCUE up, it was downloading the 5.14 update. Plugin rev now showing as 1.6.226 - and everything here working as expected as far as I can see.

Feel sorry for those multiple users above with non-functioning Commander Cores and other hardware tho, poor showing from Corsair at a time when a full executable installer for the previous build  And the change to the layout of the dashboard makes my (and others'  - including C-Attack just above)' calls for permanently resizable iCUE window even more of a must-have. In a world where monitor resolutions (and Windows scaling) has such variability, the fixed window size sucks. 

I can't speak for Blaise - but it is absolutely, positively, as of 1946 EST on 1 May 2024 still not working for me. The Streamdeck plugin prompted me for an update (to 1.6.226), and after indicating a successful update - I - either through a combination of the actual iCUE update and Stream Deck plugin update - or simply because of the iCUE update, am no longer able to use the Stream Deck iCUE plugins. 

@Citizen Crazed - thanks for the heads up, back working again!  I check Marketplace about 6 hours ago, and it was still 1.5.220 but now they have 1.6.226 available that fixed the incompatibility issues. I just wish the teams would talk to each other and plan their launches to mitigate these incompatibility issues. 

Version history

2 May 2024

Plugin updated to support the changes in iCUE v5.14 and newer.

23 minutes ago, jameskhair said:

I can't speak for Blaise - but it is absolutely, positively, as of 1946 EST on 1 May 2024 still not working for me. The Streamdeck plugin prompted me for an update (to 1.6.226), and after indicating a successful update - I - either through a combination of the actual iCUE update and Stream Deck plugin update - or simply because of the iCUE update, am no longer able to use the Stream Deck iCUE plugins. 

UPDATE - the Fix - at least for my specific issue (iCUE + Stream Deck integration) - was to completely uninstall the iCUE software and reinstall. That said, I retained the settings/configs (it's an option during the uninstall process), so thankfully I did not have to completely set everything back up how I had it.

Based on this, as well as from the numerous additional posts here related to this subject - I have to assume that the in-application update of the iCUE software somehow fails to account for certain tasks - which a complete reinstall appears to handle. 

So again - if you're encountering issues with iCUE + Stream Deck integration, please try the following:

========================================================
1. Uninstall iCUE (be sure that the option is checked to save your settings)
2. Restart Windows
3. Reinstall the latest iCUE software
========================================================
Note: you may have to remove and readd the iCUE plugin from the Stream Deck store as well. I'm not 100% certain if this was a required step or not based on what worked for me - but steps 1-3 were absolutely necessary.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BlaiseP said:

@Citizen Crazed - thanks for the heads up, back working again!  I check Marketplace about 6 hours ago, and it was still 1.5.220 but now they have 1.6.226 available that fixed the incompatibility issues. I just wish the teams would talk to each other and plan their launches to mitigate these incompatibility issues. 

Good to hear! It's interesting that the three of us have mileage that has varied significantly in this case. To be fair to Corsair, it appears that everything behaved exactly as intended here (for once) - with the Streamdeck plugin and iCUE itself updating almost exactly in sync so there clearly *was* an attempt to do it right.  However your temporary issue, and James's more pronounced one aren't so encouraging.

I guess this is one of the downsides of the "united, but separate" approaches of Corsair and Elgato - and also the simple reality of online updates, which, for server capacity reasons, won't serve everyone at the same time. For 'academic' reasons it might be cool to know whether the new 1.6.226 SD plugin retains backward compatibility with ICUE 5.12 and earlier, but it's  moot point now. As things stand it sounds like iCUE 5.14 has some more function-critical issues to fix.

• Like 1

Hello , i have a corsair H80i v2 , Before I could close icue when configuring a cooling profile and it worked without the need for the new ''device memory mode'' feature now the configured profile only works when closing icue when ''device memory mode'' is activated, don't understand very well this change , You also have to save the changes every time you change the cooling profile... it doesn't make much sense

7 hours ago, Bionic said:

Hello , i have a corsair H80i v2 , Before I could close icue when configuring a cooling profile and it worked without the need for the new ''device memory mode'' feature now the configured profile only works when closing icue when ''device memory mode'' is activated, don't understand very well this change , You also have to save the changes every time you change the cooling profile... it doesn't make much sense

I don't have to turn on DDM to make it work, just turn it off and leave everything as before

7 hours ago, Bionic said:

Before I could close icue when configuring a cooling profile and it worked without the need for the new ''device memory mode'' feature now the configured profile only works when closing icue when ''device memory mode'' is activated,

There is going to be a lot of confusion with these changes.  Device Memory Mode = Hardware Mode (Lighting and Cooling).  They have changed the mechanic to work a bit more like the current keyboard lines with active saving required (at least you get a prompt), presumably as a way to tidy up or create more UI space.  The functionality has not changed, but if you have older gear it's going to feel a bit strange.  You go into DDM to set the behavior you want when CUE is not running.  Toggle back out when you've finished your settings.  

Make sure you "leave" Device Memory Mode.  Unlike the prior Hardware lighting/assignments etc where it goes back to software mode when you tab out, you must deactivate DMM when leaving or it stays on.  So if you are running through your devices and don't toggle it off, you'll wind up with half your gear in hardware mode and half in software mode.  I have to admit I liked the prior system better where the other devices previewed their own Hardware Lighting while you were changing one device.  Everything went back on its own.  Now in order to see that, you need to toggle all your devices into DMM and then all of them back out.  At least all the CUE Link devices act in unison and perhaps that was the basis for the change.  

Posted (edited)

It appears there may be an issue with CUE Link XD5 devices "resetting" their custom cooling curve at random intervals.  This is a new system and brand new hubs and hardware with a clean CUE install.  Each time I make a custom curve for the XD5 Elite, it resets back to the default custom cooling curve at a later interval.  It does not seem to happen with fans on the same CUE Link circuit.  Anyone running a custom curve with a CUE Link XD5 may need to pay attention.  That default curve is 20% up to 45C.  That's only 800 rpm on D5 pump and will lead to temperature problems when loaded.  

This is easiest to replicate by creating a custom pump curve, then shifting to a fixed RPM or fixed PWM%.  On changing back, the curve resets to the default "Quiet" data set.  

Edited by c-attack

The most recent updates is causing my fans to run at full speed after about an hour of use. I am using the Commander Core XT and had no issues prior to the most recent update. 

When the fans adjust to the custom curves I have created, they end up staying at the top of the curve even when the temperature of the sensor being monitored has returned to an lower state.  If my CPU hits around 60 degrees, the fans end up staying at high speeds even when the temps are reduced.

image.png.e17af896f2092f6474da962a43503737.png

CPU Package for i7 13k is no longer detected, outside of that, haven't had other issues. Wish we'd get a WLED integration instead of getting one for another crappy, overpriced, ripoff company like Govee, but that's just me.

16 hours ago, John Hoang said:

I don't have to turn on DDM to make it work, just turn it off and leave everything as before

I did a clean installation in case something had failed during the update, but it still works the same if I activate a cooling profile and exit and close icue, it doesn't work, it only works when it is in the background, to avoid this I have to activate device memory mode

iCue 5 correctly recognizes the USB dongle but does not see the M65 RGB Wireless mouse connected via wi-fi (which however works correctly). I already tried reinstalling iCue but it doesn't work. What can I do?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Pelvix said:

iCue 5 correctly recognizes the USB dongle but does not see the M65 RGB Wireless mouse connected via wi-fi (which however works correctly). I already tried reinstalling iCue but it doesn't work. What can I do?

I had this exact problem with my Wireless HS80 headset. The dongle showed in the corsair app, but not the headset and the dongle would not light to show device connected (but the headset was working fine). To correct, I unplugged the dongle, turned the headset off and then wired the headset to pc (might need to use a diff usb slot) and this forced hardware rediscovery. The corsair app then installed the correct module. After that, plug in the dongle and then you should be ok.

Edited by EaglezRock

Is there any reconciliation about the constant crashes upon launch from this update? It's been happening for nearly a week now, and it's !@$#ing obnoxious, I require my ICUE macros to scroll up and down to zoom in and out respectively, on mmos such as wow.

Really friggin blows that the $480 keyboard I bought from you guys had insane disconnect issues when I bought it for a solid 6 months, and now this is happening. Get your stuff straight please!

6 hours ago, 40Nights said:

Is there any reconciliation about the constant crashes upon launch from this update? It's been happening for nearly a week now, and it's !@$#ing obnoxious, I require my ICUE macros to scroll up and down to zoom in and out respectively, on mmos such as wow.

Really friggin blows that the $480 keyboard I bought from you guys had insane disconnect issues when I bought it for a solid 6 months, and now this is happening. Get your stuff straight please!

Is the keyboard wireless? See my previous post - maybe related?

CUE Link controlled fans do NOT follow a custom curve when in Device Memory Mode.  The custom curve defaults to the Link XD5 Temp as it should, but when CUE is closed it substitutes CPU temp for the native coolant temp in the pump.  This then causes the fans to run at maximum.  I believe this is a prior issue, but now with the active saves in Device Memory Mode this needs to be corrected.  Way too many opportunities for people to make mistakes with this setup.

Recommend anyone using a CUE Link Hydro X system use the Balanced or Extreme fan preset for DDM mode until resolved.  

This update is a disaster for me.  Crashes on start.  I restored the previous version which works fine.  I rolled back by using my backup from the previous day. I'll give Corsair a bit more time to get the bugs out.  For now...in with the old - out with the new. 

I think everyone here would appreciate if you guys would allow downloading previous versions of iCUE. I've been using iCUE and corsair lighting hardware (fans, controllers, etc.) for awhile and never had issues with iCUE software until now. This latest version kept crashing after update. I ran the installer again and selected repair, which just did the same thing. It prompted to send the crash report which I did so hopefully you guys will investigate. Then I uninstalled iCUE, restarted PC, then installed this latest version of iCUE just for it to no longer allow my lights to work, and running the auto detect wizard, it reports no fans connected which is 100% false. All my fans to spin and work, but now I can't use iCUE to control my lights. I'm using a commander pro and commander core xt, and a corsair XD7 pump reservoir, and lost all control of lights and fan control with this latest version. I'm lucky I have a previous version of the iCUE software still downloaded to my PC.