Corsair Community

HS55 Surround - someone please help me fix this.

Hi, I'm having a seriously frustrating problem with the HS55 Surround headset. I am getting massive amounts of game or youtube audio through the microphone when I record. The strange part is this is happening even when the microphone is flipped up and muted.

So far I've tried using the included dongle in the pc case usb ports and directly to the motherboard usb ports. Tried different microphone volumes. Used the included Nvidia Broadcast noise removal and room echo removal in icue. The only way to get the game or youtube audio to not be LOUD in a test recording using the dongle is to have the mic volume below 20 with no mic boost and have the noise and room echo removal above 90, this makes my voice very quiet and poor quality.

I've also tried using an audio splitter cable and plugging the jacks into the pc case and directly to the motherboard. No settings in realtek audio console can solve the problem.

Even when I flip the microphone up so it's muted the game or youtube audio is still in the recording even though my voice isn't because the mic is muted, this happens with the dongle and the splitter cable.

Is this headset broken or something? At first I thought the microphone was picking up audio from the earcups but even when the mic is flipped up and cant record my voice it still happens, it doesn't make any sense. 

If anyone has any ideas and can help then please reply, I've tried everything in my windows, realtek and icue settings. All drivers are fully updated. Thanks