Corsair Community

Keyboard Can't Write Hardware Profile

I've tried everything and looked for any posts on the issue.  The keyboard refuses to accept writing to its onboard profiles.

I've repaired the iCue program, forced hardware update, did a soft reset of the keyboard, restart computer, clear cookies...  nothing is working.

(The update failed because of a firewall, but allowed iCue and it did allow me to force an update)

K95 RGB Platinum, Windows 10 PC latest update, iCue v5.11.96

Everything Failed.png

Latest Versions 2.png

Latest Versions.png

No response.  Shocking.

• 4 weeks later...

A month later and my $350 keyboard still can't write to onboard storage, and still no response.

Every time my screen saver kicks in or goes to sleep the keyboard is this horrible wall of red light.  I'm just trying to not have that.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry guys, no need to rush on replying.  I just bought a new keyboard, instead of getting help on this older one.

You're welcome, that I'm still paying your bills while suffering your broken hardware that I'm getting no help with.

Which is either stockholm syndrome, or a pyramid scheme.  Pick your poison.

26 minutes ago, Technobeard said:

Are you talking about this thread specifically, or have you created a support ticket at https://help.corsair.com? If the former, please create a support ticket so that the support team can help you out. If the latter, please let me know the ticket number and I can have it reviewed.

Why are you responding to this now, a month later?

Did you not read the part that says I bought a new keyboard?  But even this new keyboard is having issues and I've posted about that too.

How come you are offering help about a keyboard I no longer use, but didn't reply to my new post about my new keyboard?

7 hours ago, Technobeard said:

It applies to both. As I don't have an answer for your issue(s), I'm suggesting you talk to the support team, which are on the support platform.

The link you gave me is a knowledge base.  I searched for my issue and didn't find it.  You said to create a support ticket but gave me a link to a knowledge base.  On a thread about a keyboard I don't even use anymore, because it was also broken, and I never got support for that one either.

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, SuperTRev said:

The link you gave me is a knowledge base.  I searched for my issue and didn't find it.  You said to create a support ticket but gave me a link to a knowledge base.  On a thread about a keyboard I don't even use anymore, because it was also broken, and I never got support for that one either.

Looks like they updated the UI a bit. Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see links to create a support ticket for troubleshooting or warranty exchange. 

1 hour ago, Technobeard said:

Looks like they updated the UI a bit. Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see links to create a support ticket for troubleshooting or warranty exchange. 

Cool, so they want the part number and the serial number, for me to ask about it.  Even though currently I'm typing this out on the "iCue Software Troubleshooting" forum.

Since this keyboard is permanently affixed to my desk, I can't look at its underside.  (I'm not ripping apart my studio to report a bug with the software).  Just have a look at that dumpster fire of a knowledge base article.  I still don't know what my serial number is, from looking at the package sticker, as none of those numbers meet the requirements presented; fourteen characters long, starting with a letter.

I can't believe I'm having to do this much work to ask a company about a bug.

Serial Number.png

Serial Number Description.png

Keyboard Sticker.jpg

4 hours ago, Technobeard said:

@SuperTRev

The part number is CH-9127414-NA. The lot code is 001921343743.

Ok thank you.

I went to try a reset of the keyboard before finishing the support ticket.  When I went to go unplug it I remembered that I have an iSilencer+ on the mouse port, because I have a nasty mouse cursor movement noise in my headphones, and thought that would fix it (It didn't fix it).  So I unplugged the silencer, and plugged in the mouse again.  That action wiped the hardware memory off of the keyboard, oddly.

So I restarted the computer, and the default red lights came on.  Signed into windows and rewrote my hardware profile back onto the keyboard, and that seems to have fixed my brightness issue.

Very strange, but I'm not complaining.