Corsair Community

iCUE v5.10.82 Release Notes

Technobeard

• Administrators
Software Enhancements
  • Resolved an issue that prevented firmware updates for some devices on iCUE macOS
  • Implemented some minor design enhancements related to fonts and the use of more toggles where appropriate
  • Exported system logs will now contain information for installed modules and packages
  • Resolved some text overruns for various languages in iCUE
  • iCUE will now continue downloading new modules after a lost internet connection is resolved
  • ‘Hide Graph’ now works for Sensor widgets
  • Zoom In/Out now works properly for Murals
  • ‘Set to Original Size’ feature for Murals will no longer result in rotation buttons showing the wrong icon
  • Resolved an issue that may cause iCUE to lose connection with the Philips Hue hub
  • Resolved various crashes reported by our end users – thank you for continuing to submit your crash logs for us to review

View full version

Hi all. I installed iCUE v5.10.82, and as always, it was not without problems.
An error with the surface calibration of the Dark Core Pro SE mouse has not been fixed. New problems have appeared:
1. The ASUS motherboard has disappeared from the monitoring panel.
2. Automatic scaling of the background image does not work in created profiles and in the monitoring panel.

Hello everyone, the app still crashes with the annoying message Attempted an unsupported operation, I did a clean reinstall three times, it works well for a week but then it crashes again, I use Windows 10 Pro,  almost all my PC have Corsair hardware, except my GPU and Motherboard (ASUS both), I also have a Philips Hue Strip Light wich doesn't work well, the strip change the brightness by it self every 20 seconds, only happens when I use the iCue app but with the Philips Hue App works fine, it all start with the v5.9.105 update, hope you can fix the problem its very annoying.

CrashMessageiCue.jpg.daae1055cdae3d58ae7fc71d5e249ce7.jpg

CorsairHardware.thumb.jpg.5be14514419187d5b8d9c55223e558b4.jpg

• Like 1

As there appears not to anywhere else to report the Elgato Streamdeck ICUE plug-in, I'll reiterate it here...

ICUE Sensor (using Streamdeck v6.5.0 with ICUE plug-in v1.5.220) specifically for power supplies (I have both an AX1600i & an AX1200i), the "Efficiency" sensor unit should be a percentage, not watts. This has been around since the introduction of the sensors in the plug-in and there is no way to report this back to anyone who seems to take notice.

BTW. I have updated ICUE on both of my machines without issue - thanks for the Sensor "hide graph" fix, much appreciated.

@Vladimirovich - the issue with the ASUS motherboard (and in my case ASUS GPU) don't immediately show up after an update, I always do a restart of Window to bring them back.

On 1/5/2024 at 4:23 AM, Vladimirovich said:

Hi all. I installed iCUE v5.10.82, and as always, it was not without problems.
An error with the surface calibration of the Dark Core Pro SE mouse has not been fixed. New problems have appeared:
1. The ASUS motherboard has disappeared from the monitoring panel.
2. Automatic scaling of the background image does not work in created profiles and in the monitoring panel.

I just installed this update. I was already running on version 5 and had no issues until now. I had everything displaying on the Dashboard with my ASUS Dark Hero regarding temps (CPU, SSD, Voltage, Fans, AIO, etc). Now the only thing on their is Fans and AIO Temps and RPMs. The customization screen (System Info) for the Dashboard is now blank. C'mon ICUE/Corsair... I just built my computer a few weeks ago and was liking ICUE but if your updates does things like this, maybe its time to find something else already and let people know about this.

image.png.01e95b2d85a92907de2a25e7f7f528c0.png 

image.thumb.png.aa847663290b13f3dfac5d5645249234.png

On 1/5/2024 at 7:28 PM, BlaiseP said:

As there appears not to anywhere else to report the Elgato Streamdeck ICUE plug-in, I'll reiterate it here...

ICUE Sensor (using Streamdeck v6.5.0 with ICUE plug-in v1.5.220) specifically for power supplies (I have both an AX1600i & an AX1200i), the "Efficiency" sensor unit should be a percentage, not watts. This has been around since the introduction of the sensors in the plug-in and there is no way to report this back to anyone who seems to take notice.

BTW. I have updated ICUE on both of my machines without issue - thanks for the Sensor "hide graph" fix, much appreciated.

@Vladimirovich - the issue with the ASUS motherboard (and in my case ASUS GPU) don't immediately show up after an update, I always do a restart of Window to bring them back.

Yep, same for me - how long ago did I originally report it? Looks as though the issue is with the Elgato plugin.

Small addendum: this error hasn't "been around since the introduction of the sensors in the plugin". It used to display correctly as a percentage for me. It started displaying as "W" when the Elgato plugin updated to 1.5.220 here.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 9:11 PM, DJBillota said:

Hello everyone, the app still crashes with the annoying message Attempted an unsupported operation

CrashMessageiCue.jpg.daae1055cdae3d58ae7fc71d5e249ce7.jpg

The same for me. It crashes after a few seconds after minimizing it to tray or after opening context menu of its icon in tray. 5.9.105 worked stable for me. Is there any way to roll back to 5.9.105?

Edited by Kivlov

Welp, CPU temps, GPU temps (AMD CPU and GPU), all gone from my LCD screen on my H150i LCD XT. This was fixed on the previous release, now you broke it again Corsair. Only things I can display on my AIO LCD in terms of monitoring are the pump speed, liquid temps and fan rpms. JFC, you guys fix and break something every other update. Please fix, again.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 7:25 AM, Jamexman said:

Welp, CPU temps, GPU temps (AMD CPU and GPU), all gone from my LCD screen on my H150i LCD XT. This was fixed on the previous release, now you broke it again Corsair. Only things I can display on my AIO LCD in terms of monitoring are the pump speed, liquid temps and fan rpms. JFC, you guys fix and break something every other update. Please fix, again.

Each time I promise myself - do NOT update iCue if everything works fine... And each time I forget...

• Like 1

LOL this has to be the worst update including the one that removed ALL the dashboard and custom fan controls.

Crashes every 2 minutes. 

How the hell am I supposed to get any help here!?  iCue crashed sometime in the last 24 hours, and now when I try to restart i get the following errors: 

image.png.9774434a6d2aece5bf78c04d96cd0fec.png

this is AFTER i had to go through and manually delete everything in order to even reinstall iCue.  After I did because I had to delete everything, none of my custom configs were there, and I had to re-setup everything from scratch... all profiles, all shortcuts, all keybindings, for ALL PROFILES.... now it looks like I'll have to do that again because this update broke everything?  I can't even choose to repair in windows 11 because the option to modify is grayed out, when trying to reinstall i get the error: 

image.png.d91ee594cf37c0968fd74f5f39c455e3.png

what am i supposed to do here? i'd like to play some games tonight with friends but now i have to start at square one again...

Corsair support responded that crash is normal and just suggested continue running the iCue "as administrator". LOL! :)))

Thank you for contacting Corsair Technical Support. I'm sorry for the delay and that iCUE is having this issue. Regarding the solution being resolved by running as Administrator, it is advised to do so to give the software ability to run without being impeded by any heightened security on the system. Since it is capable of controlling hardware for macros and lighting, some software can flag it to deactivate it.

If you have any additional issues after running it as Administrator, please let me know and I will check what else might be causing this issue.

Thank you for your patience,
Jessica

Thanks Kivlov,  that's the temporary solution, in my case the only problem is that I have to open de iCue app manually, it doesn't start automatically when Windows starts, hope they can fix this problem soon.

On 1/18/2024 at 5:52 AM, DJBillota said:

Thanks Kivlov,  that's the temporary solution, in my case the only problem is that I have to open de iCue app manually, it doesn't start automatically when Windows starts, hope they can fix this problem soon.

Here's what support told about that. However, I have doubt it will work (because running as administrator requires UAC confirmation). 

Regarding getting it to "auto start" as administrator, it should be doing this is the program is set to run as Administrator in its file settings on Windows.

Here are the steps from Microsoft themselves for how to make this happen:

1.      Right-click on the program and select "Properties".

2.      Go to the "Compatibility" tab.

3.      Check the box next to "Run this program as an administrator".

4.      Click "Apply" and then "OK".

5.      Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard

6.      Type "shell:startup" and press Enter.

7.      In the Startup folder that opens, right-click and select "New" > "Shortcut".

8.      In the "Create Shortcut" window, click "Browse" and navigate to the location of the program you want to run.

9.      Select the program's executable file and click "OK".

10.  Click "Next".

11.  Type a name for the shortcut and click "Finish".

12.  Right-click on the shortcut you just created and select "Properties".

13.  Go to the "Shortcut" tab.

14.  Click "Advanced".

15.  Check the box next to "Run as administrator".

16.  Click "OK" and then "Apply".

For me the HS80 MAX is always disappearing in iCUE. Its not disconnecting, but it won't show in iCUE anymore. After restarting icue service or manually turn off and on again its back in the list. Pretty annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2024 at 3:45 PM, mp512 said:

How the hell am I supposed to get any help here!?  iCue crashed sometime in the last 24 hours, and now when I try to restart i get the following errors: 

image.png.9774434a6d2aece5bf78c04d96cd0fec.png

this is AFTER i had to go through and manually delete everything in order to even reinstall iCue.  After I did because I had to delete everything, none of my custom configs were there, and I had to re-setup everything from scratch... all profiles, all shortcuts, all keybindings, for ALL PROFILES.... now it looks like I'll have to do that again because this update broke everything?  I can't even choose to repair in windows 11 because the option to modify is grayed out, when trying to reinstall i get the error: 

image.png.d91ee594cf37c0968fd74f5f39c455e3.png

what am i supposed to do here? i'd like to play some games tonight with friends but now i have to start at square one again...

I know you posted this a few weeks ago, but I would recommend using Revo Unistaller to completely uninstall every trace of iCUE before re-downloading. I have uninstalled and re-installed this program more times than I can count, and this is the only method I have used that works consistently.

ICUE randomly restarts on my computer. It's better than in version 5.8.130 where it crashes and throws the error. But in the time where it restarts, i can't use my mouse, keyboard or controller. This takes about 5 seconds. Hopefully this bug will be fixed in the next update in february.

Question, what does this do????

Got this after I updated to new Icue??

Screenshot (14).png