Corsair Community

iCUE v5.9.105 Release Notes

Technobeard

• Administrators
Software Enhancements
  • Resolved an issue that causes iCUE to crash on startup
  • Resolved an issue with LS100 that causes iCUE to crash on device disconnect
  • Resolved a conflict with iCUE with devices missing a manufacturer label in the USB string
  • Improved the usability of vertical sliders when resizing the window
  • Moving the window across monitor screens during an iCUE installation will no longer result in a black bar
  • Resolved an issue with Launch Application that opens a folder instead of the application
  • Users can now remove device modules even when iCUE is not connected to the internet
  • Resolved an issue that causes other actions to be highlighted when assigning a modifier key
  • Users will no longer be able to remove a module while it is updating
  • Resolved various Dashboard bugs with adding and removing sensor widgets
  • Nanoleaf in Canvas will no longer cause iCUE to crash after pairing multiple devices

View full version

Moving the window across monitor screens during an iCUE installation will no longer result in a black bar

Now, if you could make iCue remember which monitor it was last used on, which position it was in,  and window size etc, then it would actually work better, basic window management these days after all.

Thank you for fixing the dashboard widget placement / graphs on or off, and finally making it work well for me at least

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, the crashing was a bit annoying ;).

Edited by Wake

I still cannot use CPU coolant temp for Commander Pro fan curve. I had crashing before this update that only happened after I installed the modules for my Dark Core mouse and K55 keyboard. Now, when I try to download the modules for my mouse and keyboard, it just gives me an error instead. I now have the same problems, but in a different way! That's progress, everyone!

Dashboard/drive widget enablement on startup causing incomplete dashboard load bug here still an issue - behaviour unchanged. Although it looks like the non-persistence of the 'hide graph' command *has* been addressed - thanks Corsair people.

Add me to the list of users with v5.9.105, and still experiences immediate crashes upon startup of the iCue app.  Back on v4.x

I have iCUE started working correctly after the update, it does not crash at startup.

But the installer downloaded from the site says that there is no Internet, so I had to update from iCue v4.

I put together a new PC about a week ago, had the previous version of iCUE and everything was working fine.

Now under sensors the CPU, GPU and what not are all gone.

I can only see the H150i Elite LCD XT and Vengeance RGB DDR5, but even the RAM gets a red triangle in iCUE after a while, saying iCUE has stopped receiving data from DRAM.

So right now I can only display the coolant temperature and fan speed of the AIO on the LCD.

Please fix this.

Screenshot 2023-12-10 205746.png

• Thanks 1

I just wanted to say my upgrade from v5.8.x.x went smoothly - but I think a lot of why that happened was because I did the file cleanup on what I described on page 1 and 2 here:

Is there any update on the LINK Hub "Port is in overcurrent state" issue? I see this in my notifications every time I open iCUE. As far as I know, it's not hindering my PC's performance, but it is pretty annoying.

On 12/10/2023 at 9:01 PM, Zlayo said:

I put together a new PC about a week ago, had the previous version of iCUE and everything was working fine.

Now under sensors the CPU, GPU and what not are all gone.

I can only see the H150i Elite LCD XT and Vengeance RGB DDR5, but even the RAM gets a red triangle in iCUE after a while, saying iCUE has stopped receiving data from DRAM.

So right now I can only display the coolant temperature and fan speed of the AIO on the LCD.

Please fix this.

It fixed itself yesterday...for now. After I restarted the iCUE service and then went into BIOS to take a look around without changing anything. everything got back to normal.

It might have something to do with graphics driver updates. Last time it disappeared after I updated the nVidia graphics drivers (I got an RTX 4090), but I had tried restarting the service and rebooting previously as well. Didn't work that time. But I instinctively looked around in iCUE before rebooting.

Today another graphics driver update - the CPU and GPU temperatures disappeared from the screen on the pump, but this time I didn't open iCUE. Instead I rebooted right away and then they appeared again.

So it seems as long as you don't open iCUE when that happens but reboot instead - it repairs itself. Hopefully.

I found the issue on my system that was causing crashes on 5.8 and 5.9 and thought it might help at least some the of the people experiencing an immediate crash upon the app launching. I was getting the "unexpectedly encountered a crash" screen with crash report that a lot of people have been posting. Version 4.3 was working but I would still research a fix when bored and ran across a post where the issue was a KVM switch a person had connected to their system. I clean installed 5.9 and unplugged all USB devices from my system except my mouse. I was able to get iCue to launch and it was stable. I repeated the process while adding back USB devices one by one. I was able to add everything back including the USB hub built into my MSI monitor. The device in my case that was causing iCue to crash when launched was a RK 65% mechanical keyboard that I use as my primary. Other mechanical boards that I have including others from RK allowed iCue to launch fine. If I disconnect the 65%, launch iCue, then reconnect the 65%, iCue launches and runs stable. Maybe this might help some of you get it working or dig deeper into a way to modify the program files related to USB devices conflicting with the program as that is above my pay grade. If Corsair is monitoring this thread this may also point them to one of the problems the program has and get it sorted. Best of luck everybody.

On 12/14/2023 at 8:21 AM, JustLucky said:

I found the issue on my system that was causing crashes on 5.8 and 5.9 and thought it might help at least some the of the people experiencing an immediate crash upon the app launching. I was getting the "unexpectedly encountered a crash" screen with crash report that a lot of people have been posting. Version 4.3 was working but I would still research a fix when bored and ran across a post where the issue was a KVM switch a person had connected to their system. I clean installed 5.9 and unplugged all USB devices from my system except my mouse. I was able to get iCue to launch and it was stable. I repeated the process while adding back USB devices one by one. I was able to add everything back including the USB hub built into my MSI monitor. The device in my case that was causing iCue to crash when launched was a RK 65% mechanical keyboard that I use as my primary. Other mechanical boards that I have including others from RK allowed iCue to launch fine. If I disconnect the 65%, launch iCue, then reconnect the 65%, iCue launches and runs stable. Maybe this might help some of you get it working or dig deeper into a way to modify the program files related to USB devices conflicting with the program as that is above my pay grade. If Corsair is monitoring this thread this may also point them to one of the problems the program has and get it sorted. Best of luck everybody.

Same. I have K65 keyboard that makes it crash for me. So I left it unplugged, and it would launch. But I also found that if I deleted the legacyprotocols.dll file in the "Modules" folder for iCue, then it would launch fine even with the keyboard plugged in. Either way, it doesn't matter because when I try to download the modules for my K65 or my Dark Core mouse, it just makes the app start crashing again, or it gives me an error (which started happening after the latest update). So I am now going on about 1.5 years without a keyboard or mouse showing up in iCue. One day I will see all of my hardware show up in this app. One day. 🥲

Ha ha update note stopped crash are u kidding me still crashes but not as often now that same recurring issue with dpi toggle not remapping when u remap it does remap but changes dpi as well what is the point of remapping if it does not work properle this is a recurring issue .been a corsair icue user for years i understand corsair want integration of all there products with icue.thats good and all but if u cant programme it to work with all ur product stack why bother.to be honest i am sick of this buggy pile of extrament

Привет! В новой прошивке обнаружил ошибку с мышкой Dark Core Pro SE. При включении в меню функции «Калибровка поверхности» операция самопроизвольно завершается, Dark Core Pro CE исчезает из iCUE и появляется через несколько секунд. Принудительно обновил прошивку мыши, сделал чистую установку iCUE - никаких положительных результатов в решении данной проблемы это не принесло. There was no such problem in previous versions.

Edited by Vladimirovich

27 minutes ago, Vladimirovich said:

Привет! В новой прошивке обнаружена ошибка с мышкой Dark Core Pro SE. При включении в меню функции «Калибровка поверхности» операция самопроизвольно завершается, Dark Core Pro CE исчезает из iCUE и появляется через несколько секунд. Принудительно обновил прошивку мыши, выполнил чистую установку iCUE - никакие условия результатов в соответствии с данными проблемами не были принесены. В предыдущих версиях такой проблемы не было.

I want to clarify that the problem did not arise with the mouse firmware, but after updating to iCUE v5.9.105.

GPU TEMP SENSOR IS UNAVAILABLE AGAIN!!!

YA. Its broken..   AGAIN.   It worked in the previous version.. but once I let ICue update..  I am unalbe to view GPU temp..  
WHY does this keep getting over looked??    This is like a important feature.. Just saying.. 
not to mention its hard to find and download the previous verson..  
very anoying.