Corsair Community

Assign Device Layout to specific Mural?

JetJock3315

I've created 2 device layouts, 1 for entire system and second for just the monitor. It appears I can not save a device layout to a specific mural or am I missing a method on how to do this? It also appears I can not assign a mural to a profile. It would be great to be able select a profile where the Monitor only device layout mural is automatically included in the settings of the profile.

Murals are not part of a profile. They are an evolution of the old “instant lighting” option. It’s largely a tool for people who do not need or want complex or specific lighting adaptations. It’s rainbow wave all over with one click and done. It’s meant to be a simple preset. 

If you need different effects or situational lighting in your devices, then you need to use the profile system. Here you can program individual devices to perform specific lighting effects. These are specific to the profile and multiple profiles can be used to quickly shift between alternate lighting states. 

• 5 months later...

But why isn´t there an option to save the murals? it´s f.. annoing to set it up again and again and again especially you have 10 30mm strips and must figure out which is which ... but... its the best software for rgb..so...but it could be better?!

Thanks

Edited by derda

On 4/26/2024 at 12:25 AM, derda said:

But why isn´t there an option to save the murals? it´s f.. annoing to set it up again and again and again especially you have 10 30mm strips and must figure out which is which ... but... its the best software for rgb..so...but it could be better?!

Thanks

Don't use Murals, use Profiles. Everything you are trying to do can be done with Profiles.

• 3 weeks later...

nope , that's not right. I like playing DISTANCE. It's a quick, colorful game and it's great when I transfer the colors from the monitor to my RGB lighting. That's only possible with MURALS. Correct me if I'm wrong