Corsair Community

XC7 Elite Clearance RAM / Heatsink Mainboard

Gasalon

Hello everyone,

I am thinking about upgrading my system and replace the old XC7 with an XC7 Elite. However I am worried about the clearance of the water connectors to both RAM modules and to the VRM heatsink of the mainboard. I just built a PC for a friend with a ROG Z790 Hero and an H150 Elite AiO. When placing the connectors on the RH side they were already touching the inner RAM module. (Vengeance Pro RGB) Looking at the pictures from the manual of the XC7 Elite the connectors are protruding to the side even further. I  have strong doubts that this thing would fit into a ROG Z790 Hero with all RAM slots occupied. Connectors on top or LH side also seems difficult due to the large heatsink on the MB. Connectors on the bottom would work but then the CPU cooler would become a 2nd reservoir.

Has anyone built a custom loop with this water block and mainboard and can share his exeperience?

i feel it should be ok :

image.png.05be2f6719eb89adaa3e64daab1c4ce1.png

Normally,; they have to work within the socket clearance dimensions, that AMD and Intel publish. AIOs seem to extend a bit farther because of these connexions from the sides. But here, if the photo is to be believed, there's enough clearance for using all ram slots.

That screenshot is from an AMD board. Here is one with the Intel bracket with only 2 RAM modules installed. I have copy / pasted it and moved it to the inner slot and it clashes with the water connector:

XC7_Elite.png

• 4 weeks later...

There is no problem. You can use it easily.

IMG_2344.jpeg