Corsair Community

Cant control Fan RPM! Only Point speed (%)

Go to solution Solved by LeDoyen,

Have been trying to figure this out for a while but i cant control the rpm of my fans. Only allows for the point speed %. I have a corsair H100i Elite with 6 other LL120 rgb case fans connected to a commander core. Please help if someone knows what my problem is! You can see below in the bottom left where it only gives option for "point speed (%)" not RPM

Screenshot 2023-09-27 082827.png

• Solution

that's normal, most PWM controllers work this way. Only the commander pro had that feature because it was made to drive non-PWM fans.

You can test fixed % speeds to figure out what speeds they give and go from there to set your curve

• Thanks 1

Not all fans are exactly linear, but as a general guide the LL fans will have a 100% speed around 1700 rpm.  They then should have a 50% PWM speed around 850 rpm.  The ML-Elite from the AIO will have a max around 100%=2400 rpm.  You can use the Fixed % option to nail down a few marks to help you set the main curve for the desired RPM.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Appreciate the replies! I kinda guessed that it could just be that I am using a Commander Core not a Commander Pro as that is what most people are using. That's exactly what I ended up doing is learning what RPMs the fans work at using the % and adjusted accordingly for the case/exhaust/radiator fans. Temps stay cool and the case stays quiet. Just took a little testing and monitoring. Hopefully this helps others who are confused on why everyone else is setting RPMs while they only see %