Corsair Community

Corsair AX1600i PSU question

Dr CJ

Greetings.

I have a AX1600i power supply in my computer.  I do machine learning/AI so typically have a power hungry GPU running.  We had power issues awhile back and I ended up replacing the motherboard due to this.  I'm putting a UPS in to stop this from happening again.  An expensive lesson.

However.

This is the UPS I am getting:  https://www.scanmalta.com/shop/2000va-cyber-power-mainstream-online-tower-ups.html

The sockets at the back appear to be IEC C13 sockets.

How would I connect the AX1600i power supply to this?  What cable would I need as I have no idea what the socket is in the back of the PSU.

I would also want to ensure a monitor is plugged into this as well and that's currently using a normal UK 3 pin type plug.

Thanks,

Colin  

If i remember correctly, if you bought the PSU in 240V territory i think it should have a C13 plug too.  this plug is rated to 10A which is enough here, but for 120V territories they need a beefier plug because the maximum current draw will exceed the C13 rating.

Better check on the back of the PSU to be sure

Edited by LeDoyen

I simply bought a power strip with a C14 connector and connected my hardware to the strip (something like an APC Z42I-GR). The advantage is that there is a power switch which can be turned off, when the hardware isn't in use, so you can avoid the rather noticeable standby power consumption.

you will kill the PSU input protection in a few months if you switch it off when it's not in use.

The standby power is extremely low, but power meters in the supply will often be fooled by the active PFC circuit and show like 10 - 15W that are not there. the PSU should pull less than a watt in standby.