Corsair Community

Corsair K95 Keyboard Repeating Keys

sinblaster

Firstly, I don't unnnderstand how you'll post in Keyboards & Mice, the option to start a topic inn there wasnn't available to me. Maybe a mod can move this? Sorry.

(I'm not correctinng the spelling for the purpose of this post. It's annnnoyinng isn't it!)

I have a Corsair k95 keyboard. I am desperately trying to find the receipt and remember where I bought it from. Normally I wouldd just loginn to a company annd see my registration but for God knnows why, Corsair don't have a registration system. I am 80% certainn it's less than 2 years old. But If I fail, is there a solution to fixing this?
It's a paperweight to me ATM. I don't have time to be correctinng stuff as I am connnstantly in conversation and meetings. I have 20yo keyboards that still work. This is unimpressive, especially for what I paid for it.

Firmware v. 3.29.32

Repeating key is the "N" key.

Here is a test for the purpose of showinng the issue. The "N" key followed by a new line [Ennter]

n
nn
n
n
nnn
n
nn
n
n
n
nnnnn
n
nnn
nn
n
n
nnn
n
n
nnn
nnn
nn
n
nnnn

What is the fix for this, Please?

Edited by sinblaster

Two things you can try on your end.  1) Soft reset with the ESC key or 2) A forced firmware update.

My preference is to do the forced firmware update first because it does not erase the KBs internal memory.  If the KB does this when CUE is NOT running, then that is also a sign the problem is on the KB itself.

Forced FW Update - Go to CUE settings -> Firmware and check for update.  It will come back with none or up to date, but that reveals a "force update" option in the drop down menu.  Select it and follow the short directions.  The KB will go offline for 10 seconds while it reloads the current firmware.

If that does not work, try the ESC key reset method described below.  This will erase stored profiles in the KB.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025465031-How-to-Reset-your-keyboard

Corsair do not require you to register their products.  The alternate method is "requiring" you to register with a name, address, phone number, email and likely a small paragraph of two that says the company can use that information for marketing, with it's friends, or anyone else they want to sell it to.  I am sure some people are adversely affected one way or the other

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem with my K70 and its in mint condition. I am displeased Bestbuy and Amazon state this product has a 2 year warranty then when you file a warranty claim Corsair says they are sending me a refurbished keyboard since its been more than 60 days. Bestbuy and Amazon should update their product info to inform customers that they will receive refurbished items. Corsair took 3 weeks and 3 emails to reply to my warranty issue and I already bought a Logitech keyboard to replace the K70. Still undecided if I will return my mint condition K70 (that has keychatter on 2 keys) paying out of pocket for shipping to receive another one that was probably broken and returned by someone else. I am informing everyone I game with of this experience and terrible warranty.