Corsair Community

The Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5600 BK C36 DC - 32GB i bought was from diffrent batches

i bought some the DDR5 RAM in the end of may and began to notice instability. i tried to troubleshoot it and came to the conclusion that the RAM was unstable (did not think to check that the RAM i got sealed in the box could be from different batches) so i sent it back to the seller who told me that me putting this RAM in my PC and not checking the serial numbers before putting it in my PC was the same as bending a pin on my CPU and that meant i could not get a refund. i do not think im getting that refund but i would still like to at least let CORSAIR know about the problem in the hope that it helps prevent the problem from happening to someone else. see the pic for the serial numbers on the RAM i got.

RAM.jpg

This is a legitimate seller?  Because legitimate dealers do not say things like "putting this RAM in my PC and not checking the serial numbers before putting it in my PC was the same as bending a pin on my CPU and that meant i could not get a refund."  RAM does not expire or degrade the moment is gets voltage.  Corsair accepts returns on opened and used RAM.  

While it's not completely impossible that someone at a factory somewhere put two RAM sticks together that were manufacturer months apart, it is exceedingly more likely this a 3rd party who also sells pre-built PCs scavenging RAM from various sources.  It's not hard to re-seal a box.  

If this is an authorized seller, contact Corsair and you can do the exchange with them.  If this is some random 3rd party, you're going to have to use your local legal options or put pressure on in that way.  

No, ProShop would be the one selling pre-built gaming PCs and using a multitude of parts from different manufacturers to do so. Somebody put some extra parts back in a box, sealed it up, and didn’t check the serial numbers. 

I would start a Support Ticket with Corsair from the link at the bottom of the page or from the main Corsair.com website.