Corsair Community

Corsair A1600, AMD 23.5.2 -- 240hz + display brightness -- working

Due to various issues that I ran in to when running ONNX models under DirectML on the official drivers {extreme system instability and constant driver crashes}, I was forced to re-explore running the latest AMD drivers on the A1600, hoping to keep the IGP enabled for low power consumption when coding..  That brought back monkeying around with if I could get coax or finesse the latest drivers to properly run the panel, which as it turns out -- yes we can.

I've created a Custom Monitor Inf that (at least on my notebook) gets the panel completely working while driven by integrated graphics when in BIOS hybrid-mode and on the latest drivers.  That means 240hz, freesync, and HDR contexts presented {as tested in Quake II RTX and a few other games}.

Please note that I have not tested AMD SmartAccess Graphics Extensively {I'm running in Hybrid mode with the machine primarily used for work right-now}.  Things seem stable, yet there may be other issues.  If this interests you then remember that this is not Corsair endorsed in any way:

-- Get custom monitor INF from link above.

-- F8 boot Windows, and disable driver signature enforcement.

-- Install custom monitor INF, accepting security prompt when presented.

-- Reboot Windows as normal {with signature enforcement}.  Check that display is still in 240hz from the IGP.

2023-06-2610_46_33-UpdateDrivers-GenericPnPMonitor.png.bb9b5c6eb812665b86f5add561a66a5b.png

2023-06-2610_47_03-UpdateDrivers-GenericPnPMonitor.png.f02c72437326ac8db52721c91db0be63.png

240hz.thumb.png.f718b732b0ac02ddcde7424a7ce81a41.png

240hz-2.thumb.png.e1665dfcc4ecf533882a08d3292f5602.png

2023-06-2611_18_02-AMDSoftware_AdrenalinEdition.png.900d3d5748ff070b9b4fe7d368b197d7.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, elytscha said:

May i ask how did you get amd adrenaline to work / show up with the stock amd 23.5.2 driver? because when i use the 23.5.2 driver i have no adrenaline, even when i select it at install.

Didn't have to do anything special here-  Adrenaline CP worked on both full and minimal install.  Currently on a minimal install because I do not need or want ReLive, yet ReLive was present on full install and seemingly functioned.

I did use DDU to wipe drivers between installations, so that might help since I noticed the Corsair drivers installed the DCH based CP.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, AKbeSlayin said:

I can't install the inf from the link above how did you all get it working ?

Once you put it on a text file, you have to make sure you set it to .inf instead of .txt.

Also you have to go into safe mode. Follow the directions. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TherinWhitten said:

Once you put it on a text file, you have to make sure you set it to .inf instead of .txt.

Gotcha. Working on it now thank you. I just want to be able to edit videos in Davanci and play Halo man 😂

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having a problem while using this method, it's not something tragic or anything, but is kind of annoying. I've tried utilizing AMD cleaning tool and DDU to wipe the old drivers (safe mode) I install the newer GPU and chipset drivers (in that same order) I do have overlay and everything. The annoyance comes when I try to open the adrenaline software, it tends to open but sometimes it leaves an open window which seems like a bug that loads until I clicked it and then it says that the AMD host application has stopped working, so I just go to the task bar and end the tasks the thing is that is kind of repetitive but nothing that wouldn't let me do my basic stuff . On the other hand, I can clearly tell that there is a faster battery drainage (around 35%-45%) less battery life and of course having the newer drivers does bring more compatibility with newer titles but it reducing my battery life defeats the purpose of it and on top the host application bug is very annoying. Do anyone has encountered this how you guys have done to solve it?

Btw, is there any method to get the AMD overlay on the Corsair drivers??

Edited by User3

51 minutes ago, User3 said:

I've been having a problem while using this method, it's not something tragic or anything, but is kind of annoying. I've tried utilizing AMD cleaning tool and DDU to wipe the old drivers (safe mode) I install the newer GPU and chipset drivers (in that same order) I do have overlay and everything. The annoyance comes when I try to open the adrenaline software, it tends to open but sometimes it leaves an open window which seems like a bug that loads until I clicked it and then it says that the AMD host application has stopped working, so I just go to the task bar and end the tasks the thing is that is kind of repetitive but nothing that wouldn't let me do my basic stuff . On the other hand, I can clearly tell that there is a faster battery drainage (around 35%-45%) less battery life and of course having the newer drivers does bring more compatibility with newer titles but it reducing my battery life defeats the purpose of it and on top the host application bug is very annoying. Do anyone has encountered this how you guys have done to solve it?

Btw, is there any method to get the AMD overlay on the Corsair drivers??

That issue with the Radeon Drivers 24.1.1 is across the board. I have it too. The prior solid choice that works very well is. 23.8.2. Try that one and see if it's better. 
For me though the driver itself is awesome. I would just hold out until they update that driver. 

12 hours ago, TherinWhitten said:

That issue with the Radeon Drivers 24.1.1 is across the board. I have it too. The prior solid choice that works very well is. 23.8.2. Try that one and see if it's better. 
For me though the driver itself is awesome. I would just hold out until they update that driver. 

Hold on with the 24.1.1?? Maybe I'll give it a go, but do you have any recommendations to install it? I don't want to be dealing with a shorter battery life and that crash in the host application for too long or even if the next update land and it does not fixed it is going to be very disappointing. Currently running with the Corsair one and overall system is pretty stable, able to play everything and reaching around 10400-10600 on time spy. Also battery life last a lot, a 100% charge while reading and creating documents and browsing nets me around 8-9 hours of battery. (Lowest brightness, no rgb and 60hz). Only downside is that I do not have the overlay nor the AFMF which honestly don't know if it's going to help.

Edited by User3

If you are having no issues, I would just wait for the update from AMD. 

All I am saying is that 23.8.2 is another version that works well with the Voyager by itself. However, the lower Idle wattage fix is not in it.  

I have the same issues with the radeon software. I can only access it right when I boot up. So if you can handle that, I would stay where I am at. 

On 2/4/2024 at 7:56 PM, TherinWhitten said:

Definitely-  Browsers treating the inf as plain-text probably causing unnecessary confusion.  Went ahead and changed the file classification so that they hopefully just throw up a download prompt.

• 4 months later...

Ok guys I know it's late, but I believed that I just found another alternative to this fix (hz issues) and does not require disabling the signature enforcement. I can explain a bit more if you guys are interested but since nobody is responding I'll just post this in case that someone is looking for other solutions, another positive side of it is that you can also add more Hz options and increase the overall color depths of the higher Hz, currently setting a range of hz like (60, 90, 120, 144, 165 and 240) from 60 to 165 im getting the 10 bit color depth while I'm getting 8 bit at 240, keep in mind that I also have the freesync option on the amd driver. 

Right now running the latest Corsair driver (graphics) with the latest chipset driver from AMD just because I'm getting considerably more battery life with this combo rather than using the latest AMD driver (at least a 30-40% difference) so just because of that I'll keep running it until a newer version improves or match that.

Why I believe this would fix all the Hz issues?? simple, first because the display is capable of it, and second because the method has been used for a lot of overclocking and customs resolutions. 

So, if you guys are interested in that just install CRU and tinker with it, and if you guys do need the detailed explanation do not doubt to ask me.

here are some images of the proof.

image.png.05792d7f84b410eb5b30666133626a0b.png

image.png.200289ef352309bd339168a3e9d74684.png

Also I have this color profile from the amd software, totally recommended.

image.thumb.png.2f58965409fcabde328c956e369421ec.png

Edited by User3
  • Like 1

I'm currently running win11 and the 23h2 version if am not wrong since my windows update has not pushed for the 24h2 version but either way I believe it should work, if you want I could post the steps I took tomorrow since it's late over here. Overall it's very simple but do require just a bit of digging of forums. Just in case download the CRU (custom resolution program) I'll post later about it. 

• Like 1

Ok so for the solution you just basically download de CRU custom resolution software BEWARE: every time you update your drivers you will need to repeat this so if you update and see that the properties of the display changed just take that into account. Now open de cru folder and I would first recommend to click on the reset and then restart option just to have less issues when trying to search for your active panels, then open as administrator the cru application and you will have something similar to this

image.thumb.png.18fd68b93163d6b2d0dc9cc3818a8f05.png

Once you got in there you will have to repeat the exact same settings for both the displays (on the top bar the one which says active, that one is the integrated the other one should be the 6800M display that is not active but have the same name) so remember that. you just basically click on the extension blocks and delete the one that is there, then go on and add a new one, there are going to be plenty of options, I chose DisplayID 2.0 (the verison that was default was DisplayID 1.3 don't know if there is any diference but 2.0 is working great)

After you choose the display ID on the "type" option you will start to add the custom resolutions with their unique hz (just add all the custom hz in that same popup, do not create another profile of the display ID because its gonna read just one extension block), the resolution will be the native one so no need to modify it, there is a polarity option (it is default to +/-. I chose -/- because the one on the beginning was at that polarity, and again, it worked for me and polarity shouldn't do anything but just in case I changed it to match the other one and it has worked great)  and then just set the hz you wish repeat that on the same box of the displayID 2.0 until you're done, as I said before I used 60, 90, 120 and 240 BEWARE!!!!! (choose the ones you want but remember that there is a limit of profiles and a range of the hz I highly recommend staying between the 60-240 range to avoid issues DO NOT GO HIGHER OR LOWER). after that accept everything and then hit the restart option again and also, I recommend restarting the computer. Done.

image.thumb.png.f7322154fa948f64b291f62b3207f0d4.png

REMEMBER BOTH DISPLAYS so copy that profile and paste it on the other display. hope this solves all your issues. 

Note: if there is something that should be corrected let me know. If someone with more knowledge knows about a more optimal settings, you can also post it here. this should fix all the issues with the display and amd drivers. remember to check for the freesync option after this just in case. 

• Like 2

If someone if wondering, I tried the latest AMD drivers 24.7.1, Battery seems to be great and no crashes yet on any game, Also the fix that I provided work with it flawlessly.

AMD official graphics driver and the corsair chipset driver.

I use also 24.7.1 version + AMD chipset drivers from amd website but sleep mode or hibernation doesnt work correctly( I have black screen and overheating of laptop( Very strange problem. Do u know any solution how fix this? Maybe it is a Windows bug or AMD drivers problem? Many thx for help!