Corsair Community

All sensors missing after updating iCUE to version 5.2.128

Hey all, a few days ago I updated iCUE to version 5.2.128 and after rebooting and completing the installation all the sensors were showing up in the homepage and dashboard. 

However now, I noticed there are no sensors in the homepage anymore and the little "+" button is greyed out. When I go to customize the dashboard, there are no sensors there either, just my peripherals. Even in the settings there's no "sensors" section which I think was there the day I updated iCUE.

Another thing I noticed today, in task manager there used to be a corsair service that had "cpuid" in its name and that service is also missing now. I think this entire issue has to do with that service not working.

Has anyone experienced simular behavior? Any possible solutions?

1 hour ago, John Hoang said:

TRy to repair the app

I've already done that, didn't help.

There have been a couple of these reported. The CPUID process is what fetches the data from the motherboard, gpu, etc., so if it’s missing from the Task Manager, that suggests an install issue or related corruption. 

Seems like a clean install is the next step. Make sure you export any valuable profiles prior to beginning. That process will wipe all profiles and settings. 

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

6 hours ago, c-attack said:

There have been a couple of these reported. The CPUID process is what fetches the data from the motherboard, gpu, etc., so if it’s missing from the Task Manager, that suggests an install issue or related corruption. 

Seems like a clean install is the next step. Make sure you export any valuable profiles prior to beginning. That process will wipe all profiles and settings. 

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

I found the cpuid process in iCUE's folder, it's not completely gone, so maybe  something prevents it from starting. Could it be another program monitoring the sensors and conflicting with iCUE in some way? I have Armoury Crate and AMD Software installed and both of them have some type of sensor monitoring going on. 

I'm trying to rule every other possible culprit because I kinda hate having to reinstall iCUE and having to set up plugins etc.

Edited by JohnX125

Amory Crate should not interfere.  I can't say on the AMD side, but it did this would be a frequently cited issue so most likely not.  The two common programs that get entangled with CUE are HWiNFO and AIDA.  Both have work arounds if needed, but this is not the usual result.  You'll see impossible values in CUE like -17C or 626C.  Fans and entire sections of the program vanish.  Not being able to add devices to the dashboard and the "greyed out" + button is a new phenomena that first appeared with CUE 5.  

39 minutes ago, c-attack said:

Amory Crate should not interfere.  I can't say on the AMD side, but it did this would be a frequently cited issue so most likely not.  The two common programs that get entangled with CUE are HWiNFO and AIDA.  Both have work arounds if needed, but this is not the usual result.  You'll see impossible values in CUE like -17C or 626C.  Fans and entire sections of the program vanish.  Not being able to add devices to the dashboard and the "greyed out" + button is a new phenomena that first appeared with CUE 5.  

I read in iCUE 5's release notes that they're making it more lightweight by not including parts of the program that are not necessary for all the connected devices to function. And when a new device is added iCUE will add the necessary modules for that device. Could the missing sensors be a side effect of this?

I don’t think in the normal sense. The CPUID program is part of the CUE base package that everyone gets. It is fetching the data from the motherboard (cpu, gpu, mb). If you can’t add Corsair devices and the button is greyed out, then there is something wrong with that core module. 

If you look in the CUE settings gear -> software, it should show you a list of all modules currently installed. That included devices not connected.  That module part is unique to the device type and has the driver (if necessary) in there, but the main CUE module is still the brains and UI control. If I install CUE on a PC with zero Corsair devices, it still should let me put MB, CPU, and GPU temp up on the dashboard and that info should also be on the lower left margin of the main page.

Do you have sensor data in the left margin?  Other users with this issue are missing that as well. I don’t know why it is doing this in a few isolated cases, but it stands to reason this must be either 1) programming/install error on the CUE side of some type or 2) SMBus communication error between program and MB preventing data transfer. We’ve seen the second I had a bout with it a while back. It usually does not affect the ability to use the dashboard and data simply freezes. Either way, the only real lever you have to pull on is the full clean installation with registry clean. 

Edited by c-attack

42 minutes ago, c-attack said:

I don’t think in the normal sense. The CPUID program is part of the CUE base package that everyone gets. It is fetching the data from the motherboard (cpu, gpu, mb). If you can’t add Corsair devices and the button is greyed out, then there is something wrong with that core module. 

If you look in the CUE settings gear -> software, it should show you a list of all modules currently installed. That included devices not connected.  That module part is unique to the device type and has the driver (if necessary) in there, but the main CUE module is still the brains and UI control. If I install CUE on a PC with zero Corsair devices, it still should let me put MB, CPU, and GPU temp up on the dashboard and that info should also be on the lower left margin of the main page.

Do you have sensor data in the left margin?  Other users with this issue are missing that as well. I don’t know why it is doing this in a few isolated cases, but it stands to reason this must be either 1) programming/install error on the CUE side of some type or 2) SMBus communication error between program and MB preventing data transfer. We’ve seen the second I had a bout with it a while back. It usually does not affect the ability to use the dashboard and data simply freezes. Either way, the only real lever you have to pull on is the full clean installation with registry clean. 

Nope I do not have any sensor data on the margin of the home page, the "sensors" section is there but it doesn't display any data. I'll probably just do the clean reinstall.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Open "Services" and make sure the "Corsair Device Listing Service" is running. That is the one you need to se all sensors. Mine was put to start up manually after updating another software. Sett it to start automatic again.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been running v5 with no temp sensor issues until recently (mid-Feb 2024), when I noticed that the only temperature sensors available were for the Coolant and DIMMs.

I set "Corsair Device Listing Service" to "Automatic" and rebooted, but issue remained.

I then deinstalled v5 and reinstalled v4.33 and all was back to normal. Tried to upgrade to v5 again and same problem: all but Coolant and DIMM sensors were gone.

Now I'm back to v4.3 and, apart from having to reset color settings, all is well.

Is there something else I need to do to get all temp sensors working in v5?