Corsair Community

Corsair K70 Mk.2 Row of keys not working

Go to solution Solved by Bingus,

Hi All,

Hoping someone could be of help here,

Out of the blue, my Caps lock and ASDFGHJKL;'  keys are not working at all. Also when I unplug and replug the USB cable in, it spams 'adfghjkls;'adfghjkls and won't stop until I press a working button on the keyboard.

I've tried a couple of things that I will list below.

- I've tried this keyboard on another PC and it the buttons don't work either so I suspect its either firmware or hardware related

-Force updated the firmware in iCue app

- Reset the keyboard with the Esc key

- Uninstalled iCue

- Removed all profiles in iCue

-Uninstalled the keyboard drivers and rebooted PC

I briefly got the keys working again when I was removing the key caps but didn't do anything of note.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

3 hours ago, Bingus said:

Force updated the firmware in iCue app

- Reset the keyboard with the Esc key

Are the keys still non-functional when CUE is not running?  If they work without cue, then it has to a software issue. However, I suspect they don’t any everything above suggests there is a serious physical problem on the circuit board. 

1 hour ago, c-attack said:

Are the keys still non-functional when CUE is not running?  If they work without cue, then it has to a software issue. However, I suspect they don’t any everything above suggests there is a serious physical problem on the circuit board. 

Unfortunately still doesn't work with iCue on, keys light up with RGB profiles but it seems that the keypresses aren't registering : (

I'm gonna keep trying to find a fix as this is unfortunately out of its warranty period.

Will update this thread if I get lucky here lol

12 minutes ago, Bingus said:

Unfortunately still doesn't work with iCue on

I should not have used a double negative above. If you go to the task manager and quit CUE, does that middle row work?

I could have "Englished" better too there.

Regardless of iCue being a running process or not, the keys arent registering their presses.

I suspect it's either the firmware on the keyboard as it occasionally just spams the keys that weren't working on the screen or as you say a board failure

Ok, that is what I was expecting. I am wondering about the circuit board underneath rather than the firmware. Users show up sometimes with a stuck key here or there or random stuck lighting. Those are often corrected with a forced firmware update, first time. However, if you have a long consecutive row of physically non-responsive keys and it’s the same from pc to pc, software running or not, then it stands to reason this is a physical hardware problem. 

Im not sure if you are still in the warranty period or not. If so, contact Corsair Support for a replacement. Otherwise, I’m not very optimistic on a change. 

• Like 1

• Solution
15 hours ago, c-attack said:

Ok, that is what I was expecting. I am wondering about the circuit board underneath rather than the firmware. Users show up sometimes with a stuck key here or there or random stuck lighting. Those are often corrected with a forced firmware update, first time. However, if you have a long consecutive row of physically non-responsive keys and it’s the same from pc to pc, software running or not, then it stands to reason this is a physical hardware problem. 

Im not sure if you are still in the warranty period or not. If so, contact Corsair Support for a replacement. Otherwise, I’m not very optimistic on a change. 

So, I initially gave up on this, but I thought that I should give it one last crack in the hopes that I won't need to replace it.

I removed all key caps and was going to take off the aluminum cover to see if I could find a bad solder or any physical breakage on the circuit board.

Before I got the board out I did one last check with all the caps off to see if it works and all of a sudden it's now back to normal.

I'm honestly not sure how this fixed the issue but I'm typing this response from the keyboard so it's working for now.

Thank you for the help!

Ok.  Obviously the key caps should not impact activation and that is in part why I was wondering about the board underneath. Giving it a whack seemed a bit hit and hope, but perhaps removing the keys was similar enough.  Fingers crossed it holds up.