Corsair Community

Strange Windows Search issue after updating to iCUE 5.2.128

Go to solution Solved by JohnX125,

Hello everyone, yesterday I updated iCUE to the latest version and everything went smoothly there was no issues with the update. However uppon rebooting my system to complete the update, I noticed the text inside the search box on the taskbar is now displayed in English instead of the selected Windows display language. Thankfully the search results are still in the correct language, it's only the "Type here to search" text that has been affected.

Given that this occured right after completing the iCUE update, there has to be some setting in the registry or something that was changed during the update. I have checked all language and location settings after the update and non of them has been changed so it has to be something in the registry. 

It's really strange too like, why does iCUE need to mess with specific language settings? Anyway, has anyone experienced anything like this after updating to iCUE 5.x? 

There have been several reported issues with installing CUE and a language mismatch between Windows and the installer preventing proper execution.  I noticed on someone's log today it's doing a check of multiple language settings on the install.  So in the  Windows Settings ->  Time & Language, nothing was changed?  I wonder if this was an attempt to create a workaround for those getting the door shut in their face when trying to install non-matching language options on the prior versions?

8 hours ago, c-attack said:

There have been several reported issues with installing CUE and a language mismatch between Windows and the installer preventing proper execution.  I noticed on someone's log today it's doing a check of multiple language settings on the install.  So in the  Windows Settings ->  Time & Language, nothing was changed?  I wonder if this was an attempt to create a workaround for those getting the door shut in their face when trying to install non-matching language options on the prior versions?

Nothing was changed in the time and language settings, I even checked location settings and they're all correct. It's only the text in the search bar that says "Type here to search".

Even stranger is the fact that when I open up search or start menu and the text in the search bar changes to just "search" it's displayed in the correct language. 

My system display language is set to Greek btw.

Unfortunately I don’t have any correction suggestions. Most prior users get blocked on the install. Another popped up overnight and it clearly does some sort of language match check. I’ve seen users with Turkish, Greek, and Czech language settings affected in the last six months, although I don’t think it is language specific per se — just the mismatch or rather the location. They have to change their “locale” in Windows to match the country.  I suspect this an attempt to conform to new EU consent laws but is having unintended consequences. 

Edited by c-attack

1 hour ago, c-attack said:

Unfortunately I don’t have any correction suggestions. Most prior users get blocked on the install. Another popped up overnight and it clearly does some sort of language match check. I’ve seen users with Turkish, Greek, and Czech language settings affected in the last six months, although I don’t think it is language specific per se — just the mismatch or rather the location. They have to change their “locale” in Windows to match the country.  I suspect this an attempt to conform to new EU consent laws but is having unintended consequences. 

I read that post too and I checked those same settings they're referring too. The locale setting matches my country and just about every other language or location setting is set to Greek.

Maybe it's something to do with EU laws.. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Edited by JohnX125

• Solution

UPDATE: Search Bar fixed itself, the text is now displayed in the correct language.