Corsair Community

Cant install ICUE 5

Go to solution Solved by Dezzmos,

Hello,

I have trouble installing ICUE 5. Clicking Next while selecting installation language does nothing. Tried uninstalling v4, cleaning registry, disabling FW and Defender...didn't help.

W11 Pro 22621.1635.  Any ideas? Thanks

Installation worked fine for me.  I just uninstalled icue 4 using revo uninstaller and then installed icue5.  i'm on windows 11 too.

Then I re installed version 4.33 because my dashboard was resetting each time I restarted my pc.

• Solution

Fixed this by myself. New installer doesn't work if you change system locale. Changing it back from English to my language/country did let me finish the installation. No other apps or previous ICUE versions have this problem.

image.thumb.png.6327ebe655e19a4d71c9afd00586e269.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

thanks man! that did it for me <3

There have been a couple of language/location mismatch with Windows issues lately. Probably something people need to be aware of. It’s not an area I would normally consider part of the troubleshooting process, but at least in this instance there were some clues. Other users were affected when trying to connect a new device to an already installed CUE. 

Same problem here- the installer tries to download some files and throws this error- "CORSAIR iCUE Installer was unable to complete the installation:
Failed to install required modules due to some error."    Some error?image.png.b16b9d7bf38402ea731a7d30b6d55480.png

image.png.37c3db5971eab50b07e8d1d3943f2328.png

Thats the only output I have when uninstalling 4/installing 5 using iCUE update. I'm with Windows 10 Pro 22H2 (comp 19045.2965) running in Brazilian Portuguese.

Edited by FanteJr

I had a very similar issue.  After the installer downloaded the required files it gave me an error that it failed due to not being able to remove older version v.2.24.50    I dont know how that version was still on there as i was running version 4 all this time.    So i am guessing that some of the v.2.24.50 files were not removed upon update to version 4

Long story short here is how i finally had to fix the issue.  

1. I had to remove version 4 via windows uninstall

2. Then i went into my program files and program data files and removed all folders that had to do with  iCue

3. I then downloaded and ran the utility found here   https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/6771456768013-How-to-Fix-issues-with-installing-or-uninstalling-iCUE

3a.  it found no occurance of iCue

4.  The iCue installer still failed for same reason.

5.  I then ran the regedit troubleshooter from cCleaner and cleared out a bunch of junk by doing the auto fix option.

6.  The iCue install still failed for same reason

7.  WARNING!  Do not attempt this next step unless you know what you are doing!  You can break your pc!

7a.  I used the windows regedit command and did a search for 2.24.50 in all of the registry. If it found one i verified it was iCue or Corsair related and then if it was a sub key i deleted the whole sub key (but not the main key),  If it was only a main key then i deleted the main key.  It found about 10  occurances i think.

8.  Rebooted my computer and the iCue v5 installer finally worked.

I still have no idea why there were still registry values for 2.24.50 existing when i have been running v4 for a long time.  Maybe someone else here can address that issue.

Edited by durangod

On 5/11/2023 at 7:52 AM, technochitlin said:

Same problem here- the installer tries to download some files and throws this error- "CORSAIR iCUE Installer was unable to complete the installation:
Failed to install required modules due to some error."    Some error?image.png.b16b9d7bf38402ea731a7d30b6d55480.png

I probably should have included this- the install log file:

2023-05-13_13:39:49 Checking user locale: en-US.
2023-05-13_13:39:49 Setting user preffered language: en-US.
2023-05-13_13:39:53 Product code found, but key cannot be found in registry
2023-05-13_13:39:54 Opening file: C:\ProgramData\Corsair\iCUE5 Initial Installer\manager\cuepkg.zip.sha2
2023-05-13_13:39:54 Opening file: C:\ProgramData\Corsair\iCUE5 Initial Installer\manager\cuepkg.zip
2023-05-13_13:39:54 Using bootstrap package from repo: https://www3.corsair.com/software/CUE_V5/public/modules/windows/installerpackage/cuepkg.zip
2023-05-13_13:39:56 Package manager failed:
  "C:\ProgramData\Corsair\iCUE5 Initial Installer\manager\cuepkg.exe" --installdir="C:\ProgramData\Corsair\iCUE5 Initial Installer\packages" install icue-installer
  code: 1
  out:
Warning: A working directory is not restricted, aborting.

@technochitlin  See below.  However, I am not sure you will be able to reinstall CUE 5 once it removed since they've pulled it while they address the DDR4 SPD write issue.  You may need to stay on 4.33 for now.  

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/15664228575373-How-to-Resolve-Failed-to-install-required-modules-due-to-some-error-with-iCUE-5

I have a fresh install of Win 11 pro on a brand new machine and I am getting a "loading error" when checking for updates on 4.33.128. That's the version on the download page, by the way, not 5.x. The machine this new rig replaced updated to 5.x just fine. It's odd - nothing wrong with the network that I can see. Everything else on this box is updating just fine - only iCue is giving me trouble. Thoughts?

the answer above adresses that 🙂

iCUE 5 has been pulled back due to a serious bug that could "brick" PCs using corsair DDR4. So it's not available for download, until the fixed version is released.

On 5/17/2023 at 12:03 AM, Devin Baines said:

I have a fresh install of Win 11 pro on a brand new machine and I am getting a "loading error" when checking for updates on 4.33.128. That's the version on the download page, by the way, not 5.x. The machine this new rig replaced updated to 5.x just fine. It's odd - nothing wrong with the network that I can see. Everything else on this box is updating just fine - only iCue is giving me trouble. Thoughts?

I confirm I have the same problem with a new PC today 

On 5/17/2023 at 12:06 AM, LeDoyen said:

the answer above adresses that 🙂

iCUE 5 has been pulled back due to a serious bug that could "brick" PCs using corsair DDR4. So it's not available for download, until the fixed version is released.

Thank you for information 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2023 at 10:52 AM, FanteJr said:

image.png.37c3db5971eab50b07e8d1d3943f2328.png

Thats the only output I have when uninstalling 4/installing 5 using iCUE update. I'm with Windows 10 Pro 22H2 (comp 19045.2965) running in Brazilian Portuguese.

I just installed it by selecting the English language. When I selected Portuguese, I got the same error.
As I had version 4.3.3, when opening the program it was in Portuguese. I don't know if in a clean install it would be in the desired language.

I have the same issue since V5, 5.1 and now 5.2. I am stuck à language selection, i click on NEXT and nothing.
I try unistal the V4.33.138 via windows, revo unistaler, CCleaner and reboot ... still can't install icue V5.2
Use CCleaner to cleanup registry and same, still stuck at language selection.

I try to change region windows and nothing still stuck ...

Can you help me please CORSAIR

same problem here

• 2 weeks later...

For some that this will still not work do this ( a little bit more)

Make sure that country or region is US ENGLISH and Region Format is also US ENGLISH (See second file above yellow line):
I did what was above and it did not work, after going to trial and error for a while I saw my Safe Boot mode was in Dutch even though my whole pc was English so I researched and came across this and eventually I installed Icue 5.2 with SUCCES!

Do what my pics say at the end it will ask to restart and do that! install Icue 5.2 aftertwards, profit and regrow hair!

71ea1dd3-5ec4-4a94-b1f1-3ad0e391df30.png

d2f6485d-2018-467a-84f0-bbade9956e7d.png

e679a5db-79e1-4a61-8aab-839c6df0b1b3.png

f6bd47ca-de8a-481d-9a8e-2294d9cd7ab4.png

Edited by Sparxef

Same with RU - language

2023-06-22_23:00:17 Checking user locale: ru.
2023-06-22_23:00:17 Setting user preffered language: ru.
2023-06-22_23:00:19 Failed to read and parse installer embedded payload
2023-06-22_23:00:23 Failed to get mpid value
2023-06-22_23:00:23 Opening file: C:\ProgramData\Corsair\iCUE5 Initial Installer\manager\cuepkg.zip.sha2
2023-06-22_23:00:24 Opening file: C:\ProgramData\Corsair\iCUE5 Initial Installer\manager\cuepkg.zip
2023-06-22_23:00:24 Using bootstrap package from repo: https://www3.corsair.com/software/CUE_V5/public/modules/windows/installerpackage/cuepkg.zip
2023-06-22_23:00:25 Package manager failed:
  "C:\ProgramData\Corsair\iCUE5 Initial Installer\manager\cuepkg.exe" --installdir="C:\ProgramData\Corsair\iCUE5 Initial Installer\packages" install icue-installer --format=json
  code: 1
  out:
{"data":{"comment":"A working directory is not restricted, aborting.","severity":"warning"},"method":"comment"}

• 2 weeks later...

So basically.... wait for v6 maybe they screwed it up the least badly there. I see they even tried to mask the massive size of it as well as forcing people to phone home rather than using the cmd bypass by switching to a downloader instead of an installer.....

These people are losing more and more of my trust by the day....

• Like 1

I TRULY TRULY HATE their phone home BS. My AIO was working just fine since March and all of a sudden, my H115I Elite Capellix started disconnecting. I knew it phoned home. I have reinstalled 5.3 TWICE, did all the deleting of Corsair Folders and my AIO H115I continues to disconnect. I am beyond fed up. This is ridiculous. Let me choose when &if I want to update.