Corsair Community

Fan really loud and slow

Go to solution Solved by Corsair Notepad,

Hi, I think I can describe my problem quite well with this video: 

One of my 5 fans, as soon as I start the computer, does this noise and turns really slow. I can fix this by either restarting the PC once or twice or by physically forcing the fan to completely stop and then let it start turning again, usually after max. 2 times of doing that it works perfectly again for the rest of the time the PC is on.

Is there anything I can do to try to permanently fix this problem or is the fan just broken?

A few more details: My cooling system is the H100i Elite Capellix, this particular fan is a 3-Pin Fan and all other fans, both 3 Pin and 4 Pin are working perfectly. When it first started happening, it did not happen every single time, over time it got more and more frequent, now it is happening basically every time I am starting the PC and the fan turns even slower than it did when it first started. The fan is approximately 9,5 months old.

Edited by Jonas256

sounds like a dead bearing. The rotor can be heard wobbling at startup too.

if it's a 3 pin fan connected to the commander core of the capellix AIO, it will run at full speed all the time. that may not help with longevity i suppose, although not even 10 months is a tad early for a bearing failure.

Anyway, probably time to change that one 

• Corsair Employee
  • Solution

That is definitely not normal and needs to be replaced. If you reach out to our support team by opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com they will be happy to help with that.