Corsair Community

iCUE v4.30.162 Release Notes

Corsair Nick

This update ruins my Void Pro headset sound quality. I have kept this headset despite it almost falling to pieces because Corsair has yet to make a headset that can come close to the range and sound quality that was produced by the Void Pro in any of their newer models. While it has issues with having to turn surround sound off and on again, and the software sometimes having errors detecting the headset, I refuse to "upgrade" to a newer set that might not have the problems because the sound quality is worth dealing with all of these issues.

However, the most recent update just strips all of the audio range out of the headset, making it sound more like their newer muffled sounding products. I rolled back to the 4.29.203 update and the issue was immediately fixed. No tweaking, restarting, anything I was able to do with the headset was able to fix the issue on the newest update, so clearly something was broken with this update that was fixed by uninstalling and installing the older version. I see no reason to update this program any further past this point if any further updates are going to break my favorite headset, with its frayed wires and crumbling plastic/rubber included.

Seriously Corsair, I do not know how you could move away from the production of such a wonderful product to only producing the Void Elite in that line. Apparently $30 is the difference between muffled trash sound and a wide dynamic range that sounds almost as good as reality.

• Thanks 1

This version of iCUE seems to cause my Nexus (all values) to freeze.  Also noticed weird iCUE GUI stutter that wasn't present in the previous version release.  Nothing has changed software or hardware wise on my PC other than installing this version of iCUE.

I get the following *constant crashing* when using an Intel Arc A770 16G. This is crapping all over the system logs. Please fix.

image.png.32db6206dcef35f08ee3a99291773529.png

Source
Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎11/‎22/‎2022 11:36 AM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path:    C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote64.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote64.exe
Application Version:    4.30.0.1
Application Timestamp:    6311d9a5
Fault Module Name:    ze_intel_gpu64.dll
Fault Module Version:    1.3.24375.0
Fault Module Timestamp:    6373247d
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    000000000011da95
OS Version:    10.0.22621.2.0.0.256.161
Locale ID:    1033
Additional Information 1:    0949
Additional Information 2:    09495a09419f80e36ab02442d9b46e23
Additional Information 3:    47df
Additional Information 4:    47df64cbbf444a5d7e6b95cdd8c331ca

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    b7f5803642ed16863f83a7afd457cbcc (2270843010748500940)

PLEASE, finally change the text color back to white on the Nexus display! That issue is REALLY ANNOYING! It's starting to get really annoying that with every new iCUE version always several disadvantages and bugs are added. When the graph overlaps with the text it gets unreadable - that's a clear no-go!

• Like 2

On 11/11/2022 at 3:25 AM, tjhess said:

Going back and forth from screen mirroring to previous setup I have lost complete control of 3 of 4 of my LED fans?? How do I fix this?

I uninstalled ICUE & any updates including  v. 4.30.162 and downgraded to my previous version 4.29.203 and all my fan-lights worked again.

8 hours ago, sagor said:

Is Audio Lighting still exclusive for some headphone?

Hey, hey!

Audio Lighting is now a full feature across all non-wireless devices with MURALS without the requirement of the audio driver installation from headphones or the headphone stand.

removed

Edited by caveman19
removed

On 11/22/2022 at 11:40 AM, caveman19 said:

I get the following *constant crashing* when using an Intel Arc A770 16G. This is crapping all over the system logs. Please fix.

image.png.32db6206dcef35f08ee3a99291773529.png

Source
Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎11/‎22/‎2022 11:36 AM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path:    C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote64.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote64.exe
Application Version:    4.30.0.1
Application Timestamp:    6311d9a5
Fault Module Name:    ze_intel_gpu64.dll
Fault Module Version:    1.3.24375.0
Fault Module Timestamp:    6373247d
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    000000000011da95
OS Version:    10.0.22621.2.0.0.256.161
Locale ID:    1033
Additional Information 1:    0949
Additional Information 2:    09495a09419f80e36ab02442d9b46e23
Additional Information 3:    47df
Additional Information 4:    47df64cbbf444a5d7e6b95cdd8c331ca

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    b7f5803642ed16863f83a7afd457cbcc (2270843010748500940)

@Corsair Nick Want to get this dealt with in the next update if possible. I've had to uninstall iCue due to this and it would be really nice to get control of my fans again.

I'm having issues with this latest release, it does not detect the XD3 Pump at all on a cold boot via the Commander Core XT. It would be missing all together. Not good since I have temps tied to the pump speed. The pump still looks like its moving (probably in hardware mode) but totally missing from the Cooling section of the Commander Core XT and the dashboard. I have to shutdown, wait a bit and start again and then it finds it. Older iCue versions it always detected first time.

Who in the world would take away from the setting features that we had before the update.

The settings only show for the murals. The trash icon and setting symbol.

No dimming features or speed change for those that are not murals?

20221202_091137.jpg

20221202_091118.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 11/25/2022 at 5:31 PM, PJH said:

Hey, hey!

Audio Lighting is now a full feature across all non-wireless devices with MURALS without the requirement of the audio driver installation from headphones or the headphone stand.

It hurts me as a customer which spend hundred of euros with your equipment for you to develop useless features but also add bugs and not make some things simple: like battery percentages.

If you do not know how to do things, just copy them from SignalRGB, they seem to understand how things are done properly.

• Sad 1

• Corsair Employee
On 11/29/2022 at 10:08 PM, caveman19 said:

@Corsair Nick Want to get this dealt with in the next update if possible. I've had to uninstall iCue due to this and it would be really nice to get control of my fans again.

Thanks for pointing this out.  I've escalated this to our validations team  to review and see if they can replicate the crashing.  We'll provide an update once available.

Did you recently install the Intel GPU?  And did the crashing only recently begin with iCUE 4.30, or was it present in previous builds as well?

On 12/2/2022 at 8:55 AM, Bingl said:

'm having issues with this latest release, it does not detect the XD3 Pump at all on a cold boot via the Commander Core XT

You need to start a separate thread in the Hydro X or software section. This is not version specific and things don’t change between versions on how a controller reads a RPM signal. The Com XT uses an auto detect to look for fans on each header. This occurs at power on, not when CUE loads. There is a problem with either the XD3 or Com XT that needs to be identified.

On 12/2/2022 at 1:01 PM, Corsair Nick said:

Thanks for pointing this out.  I've escalated this to our validations team  to review and see if they can replicate the crashing.  We'll provide an update once available.

Did you recently install the Intel GPU?  And did the crashing only recently begin with iCUE 4.30, or was it present in previous builds as well?

The crash was not present until I installed the Intel Arc A770 16G GPU. Only began recently as I only installed the GPU somewhat recently so I cannot say if this happened on earlier builds or not but I suspect it probably would if that section of the app code hasn't changed at all. iCue still runs "fine". However, I get the Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote64.exe to crash about once every 2 seconds or so. It really makes a mess out of the system logs to be honest. You wouldn't notice this issue unless you looked in task manager and saw it start and stop constantly, or if you checked the system logs and/or the reliability report and noticed that this happens an incredible amount. Just today alone, this service has crashed out 3,130 times and I can't find a way to make it stop other than uninstalling iCue which isn't ideal as that's how my fans are controlled..

reliability-report-icue-crashing.png

Edited by caveman19

It appears as though this service isn't strictly required for operation however. Would be nice to see a toggle to put icue into "lite" mode where all this ancillary stuff can be disabled/forgotten about or have someone bake in some logic that just stops it from trying to start itself after a few crashes.

• Corsair Employee

We have a new version of iCUE (v4.31.168) that will be available for download shortly.  Please be sure to update through the setting button in your existing app or visit our download page.  Release notes for the new version are available through the link below:

https://forum.corsair.com/release-notes/icue/