Corsair Community

Help with fan/aio layout on corsair 680x

I have the corsair 680x. The problem Is that it's quite a small case so options are limited.

I have a kraken x62 aio cpu cooler mounted at the top. These are 2x 140mm fans on a radiator set to exhaust.

At the back of the case there is 1x140mm fan set to exhaust.

At the front of the case is another AIO cooler for the gpu. These are 2x 120mm fans on a radiator set to exhaust. 

At the bottom of the case there are 2x 140mm fans set to intake.

There is physically no more room to add any fans now. The only thing I can do is change them from intake or to exhaust.

In total there are 5 fans for exhaust. 1 at back and 4 on radiators.

And 2 Intake fans at bottom.

I am not sure if this is the best setup or not

I'd flip the back fan as intake and maybe add a 120mm fan filter to it, just to get more air inside for the Kraken.

Apart from that, seems pretty ideal to me.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

I'd flip the back fan as intake and maybe add a 120mm fan filter to it, just to get more air inside for the Kraken.

Apart from that, seems pretty ideal to me.

i agree,, and deffo add a filter to it..

but it could be worth trying.. both rads and all fans but the rear fan as intake. worth a try. i run my 1000d/5000t/5000x this way my self with no 'hot' issues. lots of filtered positive pressure... would stop your Rads recycling case heat.  both GPU and CPU seeing fresh cool air.

Edited by Zotty

Technically, with all rads as exhaust, there is no case heat to start with 😛

The motherboard and drives will run cooler as is 

would be surpised how much heat ram and chipsets and vrms and PSU (in zero rpm mode sitting at 49c) can add to case heat.  my first 12 months with the 1000d i had the upper rads as exhaust against my better judgement for aesthetics.. i regretted it from the first day as that loop always ran 3c warmer than the front intake loop even if i swaped cpu to gpu on said loops.

soon as i swapped em to intake i dropped that 3c.. case ran cooler in general. which is how my 570x/5000t/5000x have always been set up. single rear exhaust.

and as it's 680x i would 100% be adding fans in to the rear chamber so it doesnt heat soak into the main chamber, 

Edited by Zotty

could be worth a shot yes, but the 1000D has the components miles from the fans hehe On the 680x, the VRMs and ram are pretty close to the CPU AIO. 

But all exhaust also makes dust a bigger problem.

As for the dual chamber yea, i used to have two fans on the back. It doesn't do much for the PSU since its fan faces the side panel, but if you have hard drives, it is a necessity.