Corsair Community

ICUE 4 (4.27.168) does not see in the main panel graphics card (ASUS)

I don't know why ICUE can't see the graphics card (ASUS GeForce RTX 3070Ti ROG STRIX  8GB) but the motherboard sees without problems in the ICUE panel.

ICUE in settings i have plugins (ON), ICUE has been updated to the latest version including ARMORY CRATE as well. I can't control RGB lighting from ICUE on the graphics card.

Additionally, in the previous ASUS GeForce RTX 3070 ROG Strix OC White 8GB graphics card, everything worked properly and the card was displayed in ICUE.

what should I do to see the graphics card in ICUE panel again?

Additionally, I would like to inform you that the ARMORY CRATE program sees the graphics card normally 

ICUE.thumb.jpg.ddf8243ba1ec8562d9fe6c71b6637332.jpg

Starting with Nvidia driver series 516.xx, they have raised the level of security to prevent 3rd party access, thus blocking CUE from accessing the GPU for RGB purposes.  This applies to Asus GPUs only and RGB only.  Armory Crate is the native control application and CUE accesses your GPU through AC.  You have a few options:

1) Stay on series 512.xx or earlier.  These driver perform better anyway unless you need 516+ for a new release game or application.

2) Run iCUE as administrator after boot.  This satisfies the elevated security status.  You will need to manually do this at launch.  There are several dozen threads discussing this going to back to the change in June and how to attempt to automate the process, but unless you boot and shutdown a 6+ times per day, it's likely easier to manually launch.  

• 1 month later...

@Pondersythe This is one of the original threads and they get into a discussion on scheduling on page 2.  There seem to be some obstacles there, but there are some pointers.

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/178508-icue-stopped-detecting-gpu-strix-3090-after-latest-nvidia-geforce-driver-release-51640/