Corsair Community

Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT - RGB not working

I recently got a new processor cooler off Newegg and after installing it into my computer, as well as booting up the system, the lighting isn't working. The cooler is detected by the iCUE software, and the fans are spinning just fine. I've attached all the cables to the correct headers. In short, the only thing that I need to fix is the lighting on the cooler for aesthetics. Feel free to reach back with any questions regarding the cooler or my system in general.

I really hope someone can get back to me on this! Thanks.

The pump LEDs are not lighting up?  Make sure the lighting is applied.  This is fairly straightforward in CUE 4 but you also can use the "scenes" like a master override.  Any of those should force lighting system wide.  

Hey- thanks for the quick reply, but yeah I've tried applying both the preset scenes, as well as my custom scenes. I tried different headers with the cables and double-checked everything to make sure that it was connected fully. I also reinstalled iCUE 4. I feel like I've taken all the necessary steps but nothing seems to work. I really love this cooler and it does its' job perfectly, it's just the pump LEDs that are the problem.

7 hours ago, c-attack said:

The pump LEDs are not lighting up?  Make sure the lighting is applied.  This is fairly straightforward in CUE 4 but you also can use the "scenes" like a master override.  Any of those should force lighting system wide.  

Have you ever had any problem like this in your past? I'm assuming you've used a Corsair RGB AIO at some point in time. Did you just connect the SATA power cable, plugged the 3-pin Molex into the 'CPU_FAN(1)' header on the motherboard, connect the microUSB to USB header, and connect all the fans to the shrouded headers? If you did, was the pump lit up upon the system's POST?

The AIO tachometer connector to the motherboard is irrelevant.  It simply reports a RPM to the MB to satisfy CPU boot protocols.  The SATA is the power and the USB 2 is the communication cable.  The pump is running (12v power) or you would have overheated in 20 seconds and the AIO is detected (USB).  As far as connections go, that only leaves the possibility your SATA cable does not carry the right voltage line.  This is not particularly likely, but we've seen it before.  Do you have any other 5v RGB gear like Corsair RGB fans, strips, etc. running from other SATA cables?  

More common are software conflicts.  Other RGB programs may inadvertently block communication.  However, this often has other effects on CUE devices and you probably see them there as well, not just limited to the AIO pump LEDs.  

I would contact Corsair Support to get things moving in that direction should there be a problem directly related to the pump LEDs.  

Edited by c-attack

19 hours ago, c-attack said:

The AIO tachometer connector to the motherboard is irrelevant.  It simply reports a RPM to the MB to satisfy CPU boot protocols.  The SATA is the power and the USB 2 is the communication cable.  The pump is running (12v power) or you would have overheated in 20 seconds and the AIO is detected (USB).  As far as connections go, that only leaves the possibility your SATA cable does not carry the 5v line.  This is not particularly likely, but we've seen it before.  Do you have any other 5v RGB gear like Corsair RGB fans, strips, etc. running from other SATA cables?  

More common are software conflicts.  Other RGB programs may inadvertently block communication.  However, this often has other effects on CUE devices and you probably see them there as well, not just limited to the AIO pump LEDs.  

I would contact Corsair Support to get things moving in that direction should there be a problem directly related to the pump LEDs.  

Hey, I'm really sorry for the long wait. I ran out of replies for the day, but I'm back.

To answer your question, I have one SATA cable running from the power supply with three outputs- one going to my magnetic hard drive, one going to the fan hub that came with the MSI Gungnir 110R, and the last one going to the H150i PRO RGB XT AIO. The hard drive and fans are working perfectly fine, so I know that the cable is capable of supplying the necessary voltage. Also, like you said, the SATA power cable is successfully powering the pump because my processor temperatures are nice and cool, the only thing that seems to be off is the lighting.

Even stranger is the fact that iCUE detects the cooler, and I can change the lighting, but nothing shows up as the pump LEDs remain unlit.

• Corsair Employee

@SashimiWhat exact PSU are you using?

1 hour ago, Corsair Notepad said:

@SashimiWhat exact PSU are you using?

It's somewhat of an offbrand power supply from Amazon. I had second thoughts and was originally going to go with a corsair RM850x but I wasn't the one who finalized the purchase.

It's a GameMax 850W Power Supply, 80+ Gold Cert. RGB Version

I'm not sure if that name is specific enough so I'll just drop the link to the exact PSU below on the Amazon site:

Amazon.com: Power Supply 850W Fully Modular 80+ Gold Certified with RGB Light Mode : Everything Else

I'm not sure how many responses I have left for today, so I'll drop my email below so we can talk further.

dereklhu7@gmail.com

• Corsair Employee

The issue is going to be the PSU. That PSU does not have the 3.3v rail over the SATA power cables which is needed in order to power the LEDs in the pump head. 

Dang- that's unfortunate on my part. Well thank you for trying to help anyways. I guess I have to stick with no RGB on the cooler because I probably won't be getting my hands on a new, compatible power supply anytime soon.

Before things come to an end, could you tell me what the four wires on the SATA power connector of the cooler are? Like is it:

- Ground

- Data

- [?] V

-  3.3v ?

Edited by Sashimi

• Corsair Employee

There will be two grounds and a 5v and 12v on the PSU sata power connector.

Where on the AIO's SATA power connector would the 3.3v wire be?

• Corsair Employee

You can search for SATA power connector pinout on your search engine of choice to see the pinout for SATA power connectors. Ultimately though, that does not really matter in this situation as your PSU only has 12v GND GND 5V on the SATA power connectors. This is evidenced by the 4 wires going from the PSU to the SATA power connector. If it had the 3.3v rail over the SATA power cable it would have 5 wires from the PSU to the connector.