Corsair Community

H115i PRO, fans not running at same speed, one running at max

The first fan is controllable and changes speed if I change settings for it, the second is running at max no matter what.
If I swap the actual fans nothing changes, the same fan ID is running at full speed, so it's not the fans.
Looks like a bug.

image.thumb.png.6ffb027a78bd4ac43910b7bbcb1d57ab.png

That happens on Platinum/XT models every now and then.  Not common on the Pro series, so try the simple step first -- unplug the misbehaving fan from the pump connector and then reconnect.  Sometimes that's all it takes.  If it does not work, go to the device settings for the H115i Pro and do a forced firmware update (check for update -> None -> Force Update).  This usually resolves the issue on Plat/XT models.  

3 hours ago, c-attack said:

That happens on Platinum/XT models every now and then.  Not common on the Pro series, so try the simple step first -- unplug the misbehaving fan from the pump connector and then reconnect.  Sometimes that's all it takes.  If it does not work, go to the device settings for the H115i Pro and do a forced firmware update (check for update -> None -> Force Update).  This usually resolves the issue on Plat/XT models.  

It's not the fan. Swapping the two fans makes no difference.
I also forced a firmware update and it made no difference.

6 hours ago, mcw123 said:

Try to change on settings which kind of fans that you have. 

How?

To clarify, if I swap the fans the #2 logical fan is still the one running at full speed.
So it's not a faulty fan. Something is either wrong with iCUE or the AIO fan control port is somehow broken.
I have seen a number of other users here pointing out similar issues so suspecting it's iCUE.

It's not likely to be CUE related.  Your channel 2 fan is stuck at maximum while the #1 fan on the same curve responds.  That is not a fan profile corruption and this likely started at power on in the pre-OS state.  Most other users reporting this will be on the Platinum/XT model where it is a physical controller issue and one resolved by resetting the controller. That did not work for you and if the fan works on the other channel, that leaves the specific channel 2 fan controller as suspect.  I would contact Corsair Support.  In the meantime, you can use any standard PWM splitter from channel 1 to pair both fans.  No real need for independent fan control on the radiator.

• Like 1

The unit is no longer under warranty so if it's a hardware issue I'd have to keep on using a PWM splitter until the unit dies completely.
Seems all Corsair items I buy have a lifetime of 1-2 years ...

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Sineira said:

The unit is no longer under warranty so if it's a hardware issue I'd have to keep on using a PWM splitter until the unit dies completely.
Seems all Corsair items I buy have a lifetime of 1-2 years ...

Just an FYI, if it's a new cooler that you purchased from a retailer, it should have a 5 year warranty.

• Like 1