Corsair Community

Win 11 Equalizer and surround sound not working on Virtuoso RGB SE

5 hours ago, detonator01 said:

I have an ASUS B550-E motherboard, I can install the Sonic Studio III there and redirect the sound. Now I can at least hear the sound with an equalizer.

But you have to change something to Sonic Audio in the Windows settings, then it works with Corsair Void Elite.

I think it goes like that with every headset.

That could possibly only work for users who have a ASUS motherboard compatible with sonic studio. Is your headset wired or wireless when using that setup, cause that also sounds like it would only work in wired mode using a 3.5 adapter therefore using the motherboard soundcard and not the USB soundcard. Another member here said other brands are experiencing the same issue with the headsets that use a USB soundcard, and I've done some searching and found a posts about other brands, where some users are having the same problem as well. So it might be something that Microsoft changed or broke in 22H2.

Last reply I got from Corsair pretty much stated there's nothing wrong with the drivers and software and that it was Windows causing the issue. However it appears MS has updated the way Audio Processing Objects (APOS) work in Windows 11, there's a differently API now apparently. I'm now beginning to wonder if this new method wasn't fully implemented until 22H2 causing it to break the APO with Corsair Headsets and possibly other brands.  Here's the article from MS about the new APIs https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/audio/windows-11-apis-for-audio-processing-objects

Also to do further testing, I purchased a Logitech Pro X wireless and the surround sound, EQ settings, and Blue voice in GHub works just fine. So I don't get why Corsair is now blaming Windows when other brands seem to able to get it to function properly

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, comepso said:

Last reply I got from Corsair pretty much stated there's nothing wrong with the drivers and software and that it was Windows causing the issue. However it appears MS has updated the way Audio Processing Objects (APOS) work in Windows 11, there's a differently API now apparently. I'm now beginning to wonder if this new method wasn't fully implemented until 22H2 causing it to break the APO with Corsair Headsets and possibly other brands.  Here's the article from MS about the new APIs https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/audio/windows-11-apis-for-audio-processing-objects

Also to do further testing, I purchased a Logitech Pro X wireless and the surround sound, EQ settings, and Blue voice in GHub works just fine. So I don't get why Corsair is now blaming Windows when other brands seem to able to get it to function properly

So does that mean we won't have support and no patches will come out to fix the problem?
If so I'm sorry but I'll move on to something else. I did not expect this lack of seriousness from a leading company in the sector

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, N4meLost said:

So does that mean we won't have support and no patches will come out to fix the problem?
If so I'm sorry but I'll move on to something else. I did not expect this lack of seriousness from a leading company in the sector

Yeah it is very disappointing that would reply with such and not take it more serious and look into it further. I did reply back with the link about the new APIs and asked are they sure that they've been implemented into the drivers and iCUE. So I'll see what they reply back with and post an update when they do.

• Like 3

Just made an Reddit post about it and will share here to follow up.

Still waiting for an satisfactory answer from @Corsair

Complete lack of respect for your brand's consumer!

Edited by brunohungaro
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, John Hoang said:

Didn't they say they are working on it? 

No. Seems like they ignore the issue.

11 hours ago, MDXTACH said:

Still no fix for this?

Not yet. Still waiting here.

• Sad 1

Still without answer from Corsair. Really sad

I have lost hope

14 hours ago, Juhanator said:

My last Corsair buy. Have talk about this in reddit more. 

Really inferior customer treatment.

same here!

• Corsair Employee

Hey everyone, wanted to give a quick update regarding this issue.  As mentioned before, we are aware of this issue, and our dev team is looking into solutions on our side.  As soon as we have an update for you, we'll be sure to provide a response.  As some of you have expressed frustration with the update, this is something that has also affected a broader audience outside of CORSAIR customers as well.  We appreciate your patience, and will be working to provide an update as soon as possible.

• Like 6

On 10/1/2022 at 4:53 AM, Garfeild66 said:

TEMP SOLUTION THAT WORKED FOR ME 100% ( I also think that this is 10x better)

Ok since there are so many people experiencing this issue I though to try one last ditch effort with something I don't even know how to use, yes it is ridiculous that this has to be done when Corsair/Microsoft should have had this delt with by now given the insane push for Windows 11, but anyway ******** the stock software it was garbage anyway, so lets use open source, download Equalizer APO  here https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/ and the UI improvement Peace Equalizer here https://sourceforge.net/projects/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/

You don't even need to open the first one (besides from installing it of course) then install Peace and choose either simple or advanced (I used advanced so this is what I will use for reference) once in the application it may seem overwhelming at first but lets start by opening ICUE and going to the equalizer, if you want to copy your profile as best you can (made better my case with a little tweaking), now look at the graph, you can hover over the dots to see what decibel levels they are and on the bottom is their respected frequencies. Ok now that you know what that is lets get that into Peace. on the top there are frequencies some are the same as ICUE some are different, but that doesn't matter you can change it anyway all the frequencies can be changed, to stick with my profile that I liked I went like this from let to right 8 16 32 64 125 250 500 1000 2000 4000 8000 16000 20000 21000 22000. Now the sliders should match the frequencies in ICUE, and even more advanced than it. Now remember the decibel dots from earlier match those with the sliders. Boom your done, you can adjust everything else according to your liking, and you can even make different profiles and hotkey them, and even choose you specific headset and get a preset specific to that headset. It went right over ICUE and windows mains this as an equalizer instead of ICUE, at least that is what I think it is doing. I am not be  any means an expert at this this, it is my first time touching this level of equalizer software ever, I just wrote exactly what I did to help people.

Hope that helps someone

Hi, thanks for this tip, that program is awesome! In fact, I don't even need icue anymore, because I only needed it for Eq. I also loaded it  the Mastered eq setting, 3711 headphones here  https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results 

The youtube link below has easy instructions for installation.

I absolutely recommend  to try it guys!

https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/
https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results

Easy instructions for installation, you can ignore the Warzone settings in the rest of the video if you don't need them.
https://youtu.be/oL6Tvm0lcfM

Edited by Juhanator

On 10/19/2022 at 4:55 PM, Corsair Nick said:

Hey everyone, wanted to give a quick update regarding this issue.  As mentioned before, we are aware of this issue, and our dev team is looking into solutions on our side.  As soon as we have an update for you, we'll be sure to provide a response.  As some of you have expressed frustration with the update, this is something that has also affected a broader audience outside of CORSAIR customers as well.  We appreciate your patience, and will be working to provide an update as soon as possible.

Hey @Corsair Nick Do you have an estimate for solving the problem?

On 10/24/2022 at 1:50 PM, Corsair Nick said:

We should have something soon.  Typically iCUE drops are 1-2 a month to the public.  Once the solution has gone through our validations process, we'll send it out to all of you.

Any update on this fix?  Not sure of the dates the updates typically drop.

Thanks

Mark

On 11/1/2022 at 2:23 PM, LiamOnTheHill said:

same issue with the HS80 headset 😞

At this point its confirmed to be an issue with iCUE on windows 11, so once they send a fix it your headset should work as normal again. I think someone posted a third party solution on here a couple of weeks ago if you wanna give that a go in the meantime. 

v.4.29.203 should be out, has anyone tested it yet?

• Corsair Employee

Got a big and exciting update for all of you.  We are releasing the latest version of iCUE (v4.30.162) which has a fix for this issue.  Appreciate the patience while we worked to get this out to you.  You should begin getting a prompt in your iCUE app to update soon, or you can download separately through the link below once available.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads

Please let us know your feedback if this behavior persists after performing the update.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

Got a big and exciting update for all of you.  We are releasing the latest version of iCUE (v4.30.162) which has a fix for this issue.  Appreciate the patience while we worked to get this out to you.  You should begin getting a prompt in your iCUE app to update soon, or you can download separately through the link below once available.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads

Please let us know your feedback if this behavior persists after performing the update.

Hi @Corsair Nick

Still not working. Really sad this situation.

My Virtuoso still looks like an extremely low quality headset.