Corsair Community

Just replaced Scimitar Pro with Scimitar Elite due to failing scroll-click... Is there an easy way to apply all of my profiles to the new mouse?

ParanoiaZ

Basically question in title, but a little additional detail here. I've got something like 50 individual profiles and while most of them are similar in a lot of ways, going through and manually ensuring that the new mouse works the same way as the old is going to be rather tedious. Is there any way to force ICUE to just copy the old settings to the new, essentially identical, mouse?

Thanks

Unfortunately not. If you keep the old one plugged in, it will be accessible in CUE and you can use the library to copy from mouse to mouse. That’s still going to be tedious, but better than starting from scratch. Some mice will import lighting in the profile and apply it the new mouse if it has a similar or identical LED geometry (M65 Pro -> Elite). However, I don’t have both Scimitars and can’t confirm, plus wiping your slate clean and reimporting 50 profiles seems like even more work. 

I would do it in small bunches as needed. 

Edited by c-attack

• Corsair Employee

As c-attack stated the easies way is going to be to leave your Scimitar Pro plugged in and copy+paste as needed from the old mouse to the new Scimitar Elite. 

17 hours ago, c-attack said:

Unfortunately not. If you keep the old one plugged in, it will be accessible in CUE and you can use the library to copy from mouse to mouse. That’s still going to be tedious, but better than starting from scratch. Some mice will import lighting in the profile and apply it the new mouse if it has a similar or identical LED geometry (M65 Pro -> Elite). However, I don’t have both Scimitars and can’t confirm, plus wiping your slate clean and reimporting 50 profiles seems like even more work. 

I would do it in small bunches as needed. 

Yeah, it did end up copying the lighting, but its a shame that it can do that, yet still force me to manually re-create the profiles. Oh well, thanks for the tip as at least that makes it a little easier.