Corsair Community

HS80 - What kind of earcups would you want?

Corsair Angie

These are already possibly the best earcups I can think of but a nice alternative would be some thick leather earcups for a different soundstage.

I would also love to see some Virtuoso earcup replacements made of the same material used by the HS80 earcups.

Using the headset now, I have to say the soundstage is vastly different then my past Void (2015) 
I guess with the modular design you could offer some interesting options for different soundstages (open back, leather) etc etc
But one thing I wouldn't mind is alittle larger as I oddly have bigger ears then expected and its a big tight but only by a small amount

• 4 weeks later...

As long as spare part earcups are going to be available, I'm happy.
Maybe also release some earcups with a different kind of fabric. The HS80 is very comfy, but the fabric is very hard to clean, because dirt/handruff/hair seems to hold on to the fabric like velcro.

Other than that, they are feeling good and they have the right amount of thickness.

I also like, that the HS80 are dampening the ambient noise only a little bit. Maybe other people prefer a strong noise dampening and therefore earcups with leather-like material, but to me the rather low dampening amount is much preferred.

As others have already mentioned a leather version would be ideal for less noise to escape and also a deeper version for us with bigger ears! As far as color is concerned I'm not really bothered.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Replacement with the exact same material is the bare minimum. 

I will enjoy mostly having leather earpads to maximise punchyness of the bases , or even better : leather with cooling gel maybe with a premium price would be great.
I would love to test this wonderfull headset with a pair of leather earpads , to see how much that could change the audio spectrum.

Hello,

As I really love Corsair products and have almost everithing possible, I ordered last thing and that was headphones. HS80 are rellay good and comfortable headphones. Really good sound for me for games and music also. One thing I miss so much are the leather ear cups, I had on my previous HyperX Cloud II. It really gave the bang in the bass. So for me deffinitely leather ear cups is the right choice to offer for customers.

Thank you and sorry for my english :)

• 2 months later...

+1 on the adhesive. I got mine during the Black Friday sale in November 2021 and mine burst through its adhesive last night (27 Feb 2022). At first I was hoping that it was just like my Void headset, where the cups are removable, but no. This is some shoddy cost cutting, that's not something I would expect from a premium product. The cups on the HS80 is NOT REMOVABLE, because its all glued in there. Once they are off, they will not be going back on. 

12 hours ago, NeoAcheron said:

+1 on the adhesive. I got mine during the Black Friday sale in November 2021 and mine burst through its adhesive last night (27 Feb 2022). At first I was hoping that it was just like my Void headset, where the cups are removable, but no. This is some shoddy cost cutting, that's not something I would expect from a premium product. The cups on the HS80 is NOT REMOVABLE, because its all glued in there. Once they are off, they will not be going back on. 

the cups are removeable they are just twist some mods say they are not removable but there a official video of them taking them of and i can confirm 

On 12/18/2021 at 3:14 AM, Dritzz said:

leather with cooling gel

This would be my only request! It's not that the HS80s are currently uncomfortable but I just came from another headset that had this and would be my strong preference, I don't know how I lived without it before. It might what moves me back to my old headset but only time will tell on that one.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the stock earpads is too hard. They don't adapt to my headshape as well as i.e. my Sony WH-1000xm3's. Actually it would be really nice with some replacement earpads that's is the same material and softness as the xm3's.

• 2 months later...

Have had issues with my earcups coming unglued twice in the past 6 months and had to return the headsets both times as replacements weren't available.

I'm starting to worry it's going to happen a third time before you guys start actually selling the replacements.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sure I would like some cups, but even better,

I would love me some linux support for iCue or preferably something opensource with support from Corsair, can we get some attention to your customers here on your forums please?

• 5 months later...