Corsair Community

Custom PC Build not booting up :-(

Hi!! I recently got a build with: 

• Corsair iCUE 4000x
  • Crucial Ballistix MAX 4400 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 32GB
  • SAMSUNG 980 PRO 1TB PCIe NVMe Gen4 Internal Gaming SSD M.2 (MZ-V8P1T0B)
  • Corsair CX750F RGB, 750 Watt, 80 PLUS Bronze, Fully Modular RGB White Power Supply
  • Intel Core i9-10900K Desktop Processor 10 Cores up to 5.3 GHz Unlocked  LGA1200 (Intel 400 Series Chipset) 125W
  • MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 3060 12GB 15 Gbps GDRR6 192-Bit HDMI/DP PCIe 4 Twin-Frozr Torx Fan Ampere RGB OC Graphics Card (RTX 3060 Gaming X 12G)

I think I plugged everything in correctly, but the only thing that comes on is the motherboard RGB. The Corsair fans don't come on and nothing comes up on my monitor. I've tried re-installing the RAM and triple checked that everything is plugged in. I'm pretty sure my SSD is installed correctly, I installed it in the upper M.2 slot, but I don't know if theres a difference between the upper and lower slot. Also, I have more fans and a CPU fan on the way. This is my first build and I'm not insanely CS tech savvy so any help is appreciated!! 

IMG_7459.jpg

IMG_7458.jpg

IMG_7460.jpg

IMG_7461.jpg

IMG_7462.jpg

IMG_7463.jpg

IMG_7465.jpg

IMG_7466.jpg

IMG_7468.jpg

IMG_7469.jpg

Double check the manual for the motherboard and see if that top M.2 slot supports PCIE/NVMe.

Motherboard standoffs installed?

Double check CPU is installed correctly.

Failing all that, remove the motherboard/CPU/RAM/GPU/PSU from the case and test it outside of the case.

All that said, as long as you're 100% sure the CPU is installed correctly (double check anyway, and check the pins on the motherboard carefully), I'd wait to put a cooler on it before going any further. It will heat up extremely fast without one.

You don't have a cooler on that CPU. Don't try to boot it without a cooler.

Modern CPUs will automatically shut down - they'll thermal throttle almost immediately to prevent damage. Older AMDs would actually catch fire - there was video of it. And while they don't do that anymore (they shut down), that gives you an idea of the heat when you don't have a cooler.