Corsair Community

TWINX 1024 - 3200LLPT faulty

Hi, it seems one of my modules is faulty. After couple of random system restart and freeze I started to test the memory with MemTest86 v3.2. I have checked it many variations: at various speed (266,333,400), in different slots and various combinations (in pair and alone). The RAM voltage was 2.8V.

I found that one of the modules are always give error at the same mamory address during test #8. It does not matter where is the module (in which slot). I tested it in an other computer and the result was same, error on that memory address. The other modul is working fine in every slot.

My question is how can I send it to warranty service?

Do I have to send both modules or just the faulty one?

The replaced modul will work fine together with the old one in dual channel mode?

Memory datas: XMS3205v1.2 0416004-1

My config is: A64 3400+, MSI K8NM (Nforce3), 400W Chieftec, X800XT, Pio109 DVDR, 120GB Seagate HDD, Audigy

Nothing is overclocked, everything is on default.

Thanks in advance.

I would suggest you submit both modules so they match.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Ok, thanks the quick answer. One more: Is this a worldwide service? What is your experience: how many days needs to get back the modules to Europe? I am using it to work so every single day is count.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived